"Where are you two?" I asked.

"I'm working at a Bubble tea shop cafe towards the west end of Grand Gateway Shanghai. It's across from the Old Navy. Please tell me you're near by," I heard a pleading Shancai. "Faye looks so afraid and I don't know what to do." They're on the complete opposite side of where we are. I began running in worry that I wouldn't be able to reach Faye in time. My concern was her panicking to the point she may faint.

"Bring the phone to her ear," I demanded. I didn't mean to sound harsh towards Shancai. My mind was in panic for how Faye was reacting. There were people staring at me as I was now sprinting across to the other side of the mall. I could hear uneven breathing on the phone and my chest constricted in pain knowing Faye was not feeling well. I'm reminded of the night I went to Ximen's house to visit her. "Faye?" I spoke into the phone. She doesn't respond. "I'm on my way there. I'm not to far away and I will see you soon."

The shop Shancai had mentioned was already in view. I could hear footsteps running from behind me; assuming Meizuo followed close behind. I enter the shop breathing heavily looking around frantically, but don't see the two people I am looking for. A moment later, I saw Shancai emerging from behind the self towards the other side of the shop and gestures to me to come over. Quickly, I made my way over and when I turned the corner, I saw a stressed and frightened Faye sitting down in front of the bench with her head between her knees.

My actions automatically went straight for her. I went down onto my knees allowing myself to be between her knees and my hand caressed the side of her face for a moment. It has been since Sanya since I've really seen her. Her eyes were wide and filled with fear. I noticed right away she wasn't sleeping well and she has lost a bit of color to her face. Has she not been eating well? I was confused why she was here now, afraid. What caused her to have this panic like this?

"D-Daoming Si," she breathed shakily reading my expression. My left hand took her hand and I intertwined them attempting to calm her. I hope I'm able to calm her.

"Do you have your inhaler with you?" I asked gently. She shook her head. I carefully wrapped my arms around her and pulled her in for a hug. I let go of her hand so I could wrap both of my arms around her and I held her close to my chest trying to figure out the best way to help her. She's afraid. I had to ease her mind. "I'm here Faye," I spoke gently into her ear. I gently pressed my lips to the side of her head before pulling away to look at her. "No one can hurt you." I spoke carefully. I realized I've hurt her and I hope my words would not backfire on what I am telling her.

"Y-you've hurt me," she stuttered and I closed my eyes realizing I had to figure out another way to calm her down. Before I could think of something, she continued talking."Ximen has hurt me." I opened my eyes and I saw the tears building up in her eyes. "Daoming Si is always mentally hurting me." She must be in a trance of her thoughts. This was more than just her panicking. She is able to talk to me. It only took her expression that I knew she wanted to be held. I brought her head closer to my chest and held her head while my other hand gently rubbed circles on her back.

It did not matter to me. I was no longer growing frustrated with her for ignoring my messages. It did not matter we were supposed to meet with one of the professors to perform a section of one of our pieces to make sure we were staying on track. I did not care if Ximen told us to stay away from Faye. Faye was hurting and she was suffering and I could not let this continue. It was clear there were multiple things bothering her.

Ximen made Faye leave so suddenly after arriving in Sanya, because somehow, she had pissed him off greatly. I had a feeling she told Ximen about her and Meizuo, or her liking towards me, but it was enough to send her back to Shanghai and not speak of her the rest of the weekend. It was clear Monday morning when I asked her to do a morning rehearsal with me and she did not show nor did she show up to the two classes we had together in the morning. It wasn't until our business class we had with Ximen, Meizuo, and Ah Si did she appear. Immediately I knew from the way she reacted for a split moment looking towards us, that Ximen had spoken to her. She avoided Meizuo and I and it was unlike her to suddenly avoid on purpose.

I looked slightly behind me to see a concerned Shancai and a confused Meizuo with his arms crossed over his chest. I don't think this is sitting well with him. I turned my attention back to Faye and kissed her head again.

"Is she going to be alright?" Meizuo asked hesitantly. I glanced towards him and nod before focusing my attention on Faye.

...

"Faye?" I asked softly. About a half an hour had passed and Shancai had to return to the front to continue to serve customers. Then there was Meizuo who sat at a table so I could have privacy with Faye. Her breathing has calmed and she is no longer shaking. The moment I arrived and held her, her shaking slowly disappeared. After awhile her tense body was relaxed and I waited awhile until speaking again. "How are you feeling now?"

"I feel... comfortable," she spoke tiredly. This must have taken most of her energy away. I smiled slightly knowing I can make her feel this way.

"Stay with me tonight," I spoke before I can process what I said. This would certainly allow her to sleep tonight if she knew I was around. Who knew what was going on between Ximen and Faye at the moment. I could hear her sharp intake of breath as she slowly pulled away. A look of uncertainty was shown on her expression.

"I can't." She shook her head.

"Than let me stay with you at Ximen's."

"Ximen doesn't want me to be around you." The tone of disappointment was enough to let my guard down with her and show my emotion to her. I took her face and brought it close to mine.

"Did you have an emergency with your grandparents?" I asked suddenly. An uncomfortable shift occurred with Faye and she lowered her eyes so we did not make eye contact.

"No," she spoke lightly.

"Are you on speaking terms with Ximen?" She shook her head and let out a tired sigh.

"He's angry with me... I've never... I've never seen him like this before."

"Ximen will forgive you," I reassured her. I knew what I had to do and I knew this was going to be the right decision. Hoping Faye will be alright through this was my most concern.

///

I've decided to update on Wednesday's! I think it would be best to have an update before my 2 labs occurring on Thursday's & Fridays.

Next update: Wednesday