Kabanata 18

AIDAN

"What? N-No, it can't be. Bakit sa kaniya mapupunta? Ako ang apo, Nanay lang siya ng anak ko. How? Attorney, there's something wrong with that!"

"It's clear here Mr. Aidan that Mr. Dan's mansion here in Zambales is name under Sixto, your son. The farm and other businesses here ay paghahatian niyo ni Ms. Ava Madrid. Sorry Mr. Aidan, I hope you settle this soon. Malaki pa rin naman ang makukuha mo. I'll get going," umalis na si Attorney habang ako tulala pa din. Nilingon ko si Ava na nagtataka. Bumaling din siya sa akin at napalitan iyon ng galit.

"Hindi namin kailangan ang pera mo Aidan. Hindi ko tatanggapin 'yun. Kahit nakalaan pa 'yun sa anak ko. Sa pag-alma mo pa lang-"

"No, i-it's not l-like that Ava. It's for Sixto. I'm not against it, okay," medyo tumaas ang boses ko sa huling sinabi. Hindi kami nagkakaintidihan. I'm not against it, I was just too shock. I was asking why he'd give it to Ava, share it with me?

Bago pa siya makasagot ay bumalik si Attorney. May nakalimutan ata. Nagkatiginan kami ni Ava gustong magsalita pero hinayaan nalang.

"I forgot about this. The letter came from Mr. Dan, he gave this when his with me. He said to give the one for the both of you and the other one for your son," yun lang at umalis na ito.

Dear Aidan and Ava,

Mga apo, alam ko na hindi na ako magtatagal sa mundo. Nang hilingin kong makita ang apo ko at mangyari 'yon ay sobrang saya ko. Nahigitan ang saya ng makita ko sa unang pagkakataon si Aidan.

Aidan apo, don't be to hard on yourself. Learn to enjoy and be free. Take your time and spend it with your family. Nang aminin mo sa akin ang mga ginawa mo para sa pabor ng pagkakaanak, ayos lang. Naiintindihan ko ang desperasyon mo. Karma na din na tinaguan ka ng anak. Please let go the hatred you feel towards your Mama and the guilt creeping in you towards your Papa's death. It's not because you did not believe him, you did not love him. You changed alright. You love him. Be free from all the pain, that's the only thing to make you happy.

Ava apo, ngayon lang tayo nagkita at nagkasama pero masaya ako sa mga panahong 'yon. Thank you for making me happy, for bringing Sixto to the world. For making him like a kid he is now. Genuine happiness spread to me when I saw you. I know you will take care of my grandson and Sixto. I trust you Ava. Always wear the most precious a girl can wear, it's your smile. Your the most beautiful with it. Please do, always.

For the both of you, my only wish is your marriage. Sixto is getting older and he secretly wish for you to get married. He don't talk about it too much 'cause he's shy. We share that topic because we both want it. Hindi rin dahil gusto lang namin. I see the burning love both in your eyes. Notice your glances with blazing love in your eyes. I know because I experience it with Aidan's Lola. I know Aidan don't believe in love but he found it in you Ava. He learned the true meaning of love, because you are. It's you, the meaning of love for him. A true genuine loves that comes from wrong start. I'll be waiting for your wedding, watching here in heaven because? Teka wait naiiyak ako! Joke lang, hahaha.

Take care of my apo Sixto, I will surely miss you all. I love you all. Thank you for the memories, I will cherish it until death.

                                              Sincerely,

Your Lolo Dan

Were both finish the letter, crying our hearts out. The death of my grandfather 'cause this extremely pain were feeling. I'm still glad that he met Sixto and Ava before this. The advices kept running in my mind only cut by Ava's voice.