I shrieked in surprise but thankfully my mistake was not caught by the three as they continued laughing about whatever the other one said. Beer in hand, they were off in their own world.

"We have to get to those elevators." Tatyana lightly whispered to the side of my head as she slowly and surely started moving us to the left side of the hallway. After some clear pathways, the guards were no longer in sight.

I let out a sigh of relief as soon as the giant elevator came into view. With my body still slumped against hers, we hurried to the giant structure. Using the key card that laid firmly tucked away in my palm, I placed it on the code and thankfully enough, the mechanical doors sprung open. As if with lightning speed, we ran inside and Tatyana quickly pressed the button that would take us up to the 31st floor.

I idly watched as the doors started to close and in that moment, I felt as if everything was going to be alright.
I was fine. Everything is fine.

But just as I thought I had escaped destiny, I caught a glimpse of the eyes I never wanted to see again.

His eyes.

Cullen.

Shit.

The doors closed but my sense of panic did pass by. He saw me. Cullen saw me. By now he must have contacted every guard in the entire manor.

"Tatyana I think I saw-"

But before I could even think about finishing the sentence, the doors bulged open. Tatyana didn't wait for me to continue as she pulled both of us out and into the hallway.

"The window should be just over there." She commented as she took the steps to the right side of the floor.

I was about to try and tell her again, when I heard it. Hurls of men running up the stairs, checking through each and every floor until they found their target.

I had no idea why there were so many men after us but there was no time to think. We had to get out of
there.

"We have to get out of here!" Tatyana harshly whispered as she tried to take off running to on the way to the storage room.

I stopped her.

"W-we will never make it in time! We have to go further up the stairs. Closer to the Don's floors. We can wait it out there and then go back down. The guards would never dare go that close to his rooms and they'll never think we even try to go there." I explained, the words swiftly rolling off my tongue as I tried my hardest to breezily explain everything.

"There's a reason for that! I'd rather face thousands of guards than Mancini. If we go up there, he'll kill us both! We can't risk that much!" She practically yelled back.

"Trust me on this. We have to go up!"

"Kamala, if he can't me I-"

Then the violent steps of the guards came again. Expect this time, they were closer. Much closer.

"We have to go! RUN! NOW!" Tatyana yelled as she took of sprinting.

I ran after her, broken bones and everything. I was barely able to stand but the fear of death kept me going. After a few seconds, my feet were barely hanging on and Tatyana was long gone. All I could hope for now, was that she took my warning and ran up the stairs.

They were coming. I could hear them getting closer and closer until it felt like they were right behind me, easily keeping up with me.

Taking my advice, I crouched up the stairs and tried my hardest to climb them up. My feet gave up on and all I had left was the slow movements of my arms, which too were covered in whips and bruises.

With deep breaths, I could feel another panic attack coming.

The yells of the giant men seemed nearer and nearer and I rushed up with all the energy I had left.

37th floor.

5 more floors and I would be safe.

Numb. Thats how I felt but the rhythm I took on to get up could not stop. I was in too deep. If they would catch me now, those whips I got would seem merciful. I couldn't stop. I wouldn't stop!

39th floor.

They were below me.

I could see them by the hem of their vests.

40th floor.

I didn't want to turn around. I couldn't, because if I did, all I would see is the two guards launching behind me, about 5 seconds away from grabbing me by the neck.

And 5 seconds it was.

And just like that, I fell into their abusive grasp. One of them bounced me on the stairs and I was almost certain that a part of my skull had fallen off. The other strained my arms with razor blades while the other struck me across the face.

This was it. This was actually it. I was going to die-

"Kamala."

Alister.

——————-
Jeesus. This took forever to write. Anyway I just wanted to announce that we hit 25K! Tysm. We have a lot of new people here. I hope you are enjoying the story.

What do you think will happen?

What about Tatyana?

Dont forget to vote and follow me on wattpad for news on updates.

Ill try to get the next chapter out by Saturday.