I hope he doesn't steal my dog. [2]

Start from the beginning

"Of course I'm sure, why would I invite you if I wasn't?" He didn't respond to this, so she gave him a small grin before stepping back through her doorway, closing it behind her as she breathed in the fresh air.

"Um... Can I hold the leash?"

"Mhm!" She handed him the leash, much to his absolute delight. She watched as he looked down at the dog with longing eyes, causing lots of questions to form her my mind.

"Have you had a dog before?" Y/N asked.

Nagito looked up at her in surprise, but it wad quickly wiped away by the same smile he usually had on his face. "Yes, how did you know?"

She shrugged, looking down at her shoes as she treaded on the sidewalk beside the boy. "I can just tell. Usually when people hold their leash they end up getting dragged, but you're doing pretty good at controlling them."

"Another compliment from you, and in the same day, too..." He laughed, shaking his head. "You're something else, Y/N L/N. But, yes, I have had a dog before. Sadly, they..." He drifted off, and she decided it would be best to just leave him with his thoughts.

•••

They ended up stopping at a park, out of breath from deciding to run with the dog. It didn't help that Nagito was decked out in jeans and a hoodie.

"H-Hey," Y/N panted, reaching over her shoulder to grab her bag. "I have a water in here. Do you want some?"

He stared at her for a second, but then put both his hands up in the air as if he was surrendering, and gave me a halfhearted smile. "Yes, but are you sure you want to share with me?"

"Good lord, Nagito. You're a weirdo, alright." She snatched the bottle out of her bag, shoving it towards his chest. "Hurry up and take some before I dump it on your head!"

He finally seemed to take the hint, and so he took the bottle from her hands, before taking only about 3 sips and handing it back to her.

"I've been wondering," She started, taking a small sip for herself. "I had no idea any of my classmates would also live in such an... overly boujee neighborhood. How are you so rich?"

Nagito stared down at the dog that was taking a break with its chin resting in his lap, stroking at its fur. "Well, it's a bit of a long story. I don't think you'd really care to hear, but I'm willing to tell you." He said, the smile returning to his lips.

"I'd like to know." She told him sincerely.

"Alright, then. When I was born, my family was already pretty wealthy. I lived a comfortable life. My relationship with my parents was a bit complicated, but it's fine," He began to go back to that position where he holds onto himself, as if he's giving himself reassurance. "One year, we were on a plane after a trip. But thanks to my luck, a terrorist hijacked the plane, and then a meteorite hit it. I was the only one that survived, and I inherited their wealth.."

"A meteorite? What the heck?!"

"In middle school, I was kidnapped by a serial killer and shoved into a garbage bag. But the garbage bag had a winning lottery ticket in it! I won 300 million dollars, even more money." He smiled.

"So, you get it now? Every time something good happens, something bad will happen, and the other way around. That's why my luck is a curse." He said matter of factly, as if he didn't care.

"Nagito, I- What? That's way too much information!"

She was in disbelief. Her mouth was slightly open and her eyes were wide. She was not expecting all this information to be dropped on her so fast.

"Well, you did ask, Y/N."

"Yes, I know, but I expected you to say something like "My parents own a company," not that..." She let out what seemed to be her thousandth sigh that day. "It seems like you've had an exhausting life."

Once again, no response from the boy.

She had just met this guy earlier today, but she can already tell he was definitely a... different one.

She grabbed a notebook from her bag and tore out of a piece of paper, scribbling something down before gently placing it beside him.

He seemed to snap out of his trance, and looked down before picking it up in his hand. "What's this?"

"My number. I'm gonna get going, and it seems like you need some time alone." She smiled one of her kindest smiles at him, and he once again froze, like no one had ever been so nice to him.

She took the leash from him and began to walk off, but not before bidding him farewell. She turned around, waving her hand in the air with a large grin on her face. "Bye, Nagito! Text me whenever!"

He could just stare in awe as he watched her back turn to him. Once again, he was left to wave at her backside.

//ufhdhhdhdhdhfhd

if nagito seems a lil too nice and ooc thats bc he doesnt know y/n too well so hes all "😊💕✨🍀👍"