CH 18- Friend of a Friend

Start from the beginning

"Tank, Mouse, and Jingles are standing right in front of me. Holy crap you guys have got to be shitting me. Lainey, pinch me, I must be dreaming." He says, holding his arm out to me after walking around the group. To his bewilderment, I do as he asked.

"Ow, Laine. What the hell? I wasn't actually serious." I just shrug and give him a glare. 

"One, watch your language or go wash your mouth out with soap. Two, don't be rude and quit staring, these are Nathan's friends and we were just being introduced." That seems to do the trick, as he snaps out of it and extends his hand to a chuckling Keith.

"Hi! I'm Wyatt, but you can call me Wy. That's my big sis Lainey, and over there are my twin siblings Dylan and Katie." He says, still looking like he's meeting a group of superstars. Everyone lets out a small laugh before Keith replies to him.

"Well, hi there Wy. As I'm guessing you already know, I'm Keith. That's Johnny, Hayes, and this is my girl Candace." He says, shaking his hand before Wyatt does the same to the other three. I hear Nate let out a chuckle and turn to see Katie hiding behind his legs, as Dylan walks up to join Wyatt.

"Well hi there cutie, your name's Katie right?" Johnny asks, bending down in front of Wyatt's legs. Katie just nods her head but continues to hide behind him.

"Hey bug, why don't you show Johnny here your new tutu. I bet he is going to be so jealous he doesn't have one." I say, trying to get Katie comfortable. 

It seems to do the trick when she suddenly pops out from behind Nate and all but tackles Johnny to show him. As soon as she's occupied, Candace comes and stands next to me. I watch her take in all the boys with my siblings: Nate and Johnny with Katie, and Hayes and Keith with my two brothers. 

"Well, I'd never think I'd see the day where mean 'ol mister Tank is sitting with a little girl talking about her pink tutu." She says with a chuckle. I let out one of my own and turn so I'm facing her. 

"I'm sorry we interrupted your movie night. Nate didn't tell me he already had plans. Once they get their excitement out, I'll corral the kids upstairs with me so y'all can have your night." I say to her. She just looks at me with a frown and shakes her head. 

"Nonsense. One, your siblings seem amazing and we would all love to hang out with them. And two, your Nate's girl, which means you are now part of our little 'family.' We're crazy as hell but you've always got someone to back you up." She says, giving my arm a slight squeeze.

"Oh no, you must be mistaken. I'm not Nathan's girl. We barely just met. He's just being a good friend and helping me out." I explain to her. 

Although I wish I was. 

"Oh honey. You have so much to learn." She says, laughing and shaking her head.

"What?"

"Well, you see, every one of these damn boys are as stubborn as they come. They're what one might call 'alpha males' and they tend to get what ever the hell they want. Heck, Hayes, my brother, is as overprotective as they come and even he couldn't stop Keith from being with me. You honey, are in for a big awakening if you think Nate is just your friend." She says as she stares lovingly at her man.

"Ummm, I really don't think that's going to happen. We're just friends." I say, still slightly confused. 

"Darlin' that man hasn't shut up about how great you are since you first walked into him. He is head over heels for you, but he's trying to be your friend so you'll trust him. Look, I don't know how you guys came to be here with him, but that man over there..." She points to where Nate is laughing at something Katie said

"... he's a really good guy. Trust me, you don't want to lose him just because you were too scared to try." She finishes, looking at me.

I look back at her and wonder if I just made a new friend. I've never had very many, but this group of people seem so wonderful. I also think about what she said.

Could Nate and I really be a thing? If he's as determined as she says, I'm guessing that will be a yes in the near future. 

"Alright, enough of the heavy stuff. Why don't you go wrangle everyone up and get the movie started. I'll order the pizza  while you do that." She says, and I walk off to go get everyone.

"Oh and Lainey, save me a seat next to you. I want to get to know you. It's been a heck of a long time since there's been anyone with some estrogen around here. And let me tell you, I am so sick of the excess testosterone." She says with a laugh and then we each go to do our respective jobs. 

Looks like I made a new friend after all.