Memories

There's a time that I remember, when I did not know no painWhen I believed in forever, and everything would stay the sameNow my heart feel like December when somebody say your name'Cause I can't reach out to call you, but I know I will one day

When I believed in forever, and everything would stay the same
Now my heart feel like December when somebody say your name
'Cause I can't reach out to call you, but I know I will one day.

-

The rain beat violently against Amelia's window as she stared into oblivion once again. 

It was 10:30pm and she was placid. The nurses and doctors were quite perturbed, she hadn't had an episode today. No unusual screaming, banging on the door crying for help, not even a restraint when it was time for her to take her drugs.

What's going on in that head of hers?

The physicians asked themselves from time to time.

What made Amelia so special? Her condition seemed to get worse and worse by the minute but on some days, she'd click, a little memory would slip right into her brain. Sometimes, the workers were convinced she was getting better but schizophrenics have a way of turning their memories into nightmares and when that happened, they couldn't differ reality from fantasy.

Dr.Anderson, he took Amelia's condition the hardest. With him being her fiancé of course he would. When Amelia was admitted to the Institution, Dean couldn't bear the thought of having to live without seeing her. He still wanted to take care of her even though she had no memory of him. He was no doctor and the facility shouldn't have hired him but when you see a grown man like him, with everything that had happened, how could one say no?

The owner of the Institution agreed for him to work, only administering drugs to Amelia because that was all he wanted

To be around her

From the corner of her eye, she spotted something shiny behind her bed, intrigued, she got up and walked to it.

It was a blade

A blade? She thought to herself.

She sat on her bed and studied the silver sharp object. Just like in the fairytales, she raised her finger to the tip of the blade and broke the first layer of her skin. The action caused blood to trickle from the tip of her finger to the end of her hand. The way it flowed filled her with such curiosity, so much that her brain didn't even register the slight sting the blade caused. Amelia had never seen blood, at least not hers.