Annoyed, Kai looked up at the full-grown adult.

"What?" He demanded, trying not to be so hostile seeing as he was not completely an evil person. The woman nervously looked away, obviously hiding something.

"Umm. . . Kai! You're back early." She randomly said. Looking at her incredulously, Kai released a huff of air before rolling his eyes. People sure did like getting in his way.

"Yes, so? My training is done." It wasn't completely a lie. After all, even if the old man wasn't there, he could still train by himself, and killing a noble while disrupting peace could be considered as an exercise.

"Is that so?" She moved exactly in the way wherever Kai's eyes would travel. Doing anything just to block the Pirate ship from his sight. "How about joining my family for a cup of tea in my house? I bought new herbs yesterday, maybe you'd like to have a taste?"

Narrowing his eyes, Kai didn't approve.

"If I didn't know better, I would say that you're trying to get me to an arranged marriage with your daughter again, who I am not attracted to." Kai cringed at the thought of the woman's daughter; she was not bright, not rich, not of any matters, and isn't even pleasing to look at.

Plus, he could not find any woman and man attractive. He was too attracted in his ambition.

"But I can tell that you're hiding something. So, do move away because I would like to see what you're trying so hard to hide." Kai stated, narrowing his eyes deeper now.

"My daughter isn't that bad." She defended. "And maybe you'd like my son instead?" She suggested, wondering why the young 8 year-old didn't feel anything for the opposite sort of gender.

"It doesn't change a thing." He barked ironically before turning away and fixing his non-existent neck tie. He had to be professional. "And if you won't let me see what you're hiding then fine, have it your way. I'm not interested in wasting my time anymore."

It was a pointless conversation. It was better to avoid having conversations like that in the future, especially if time was gold and money. Every second counted.

As he walked away to the path towards the pub, he could spot a reddish thing by the docks. Turning his head, he saw a big pirate ship with the huge jolly roger proudly painted in its sails.

He wasn't angry, no, he had no rights to be. But because of his distaste for those filthy pirates, he was annoyed. Why were the people so willing to protect these pirates? Even going as far as to block the view. . . Did they hold no regard and appreciation for his Marine Grandfather at all?

Why did they allow a Pirate in their shore?

Kai soon found himself entering the pub, displeased by the sight of Pirates that filled the usually empty place. Then he spotted Makino's mop of green hair, and she could as well tell that he was not pleased.

"Makino-san." He greeted her with his usual neutral look on his face. However, anyone would be able to tell that he was not glad to see Pirates in her pub.

Shanks and his crew stopped their chatters and glanced at the doorway before spotting a young boy who was merely a child with a mature look. He looked no older than 8.

This was the infamous Kai who they depended on? It almost seemed like a joke but after seeing those emotionless yellowish eyes, there was no debating it. It seemed like he experienced the whole world already and was completely crushed.

"You're back early." Makino stated with a gentle smile. Kai scowled as he looked away, not happy to see Pirates and even be in their presence.

"I finished training." Kai simply said before sitting on a stool. If pirates were there, then what else could he do but observe their actions? He can't recklessly attack people.

"Oh, is Garp-san back already?" She asked nervously, Kai narrowed his eyes and huffed, shaking his head.

"No. And that's exactly why you shouldn't invite dirty pirates on the land." He said harshly, slapping the truth right at their faces. "You do know that you're potentially exploiting the Village's safety."

Makino looked down, knowing how risky it was to have guests in the first place.

"Hey, hey, kid." Shanks started, standing up as he motioned his hands into a gesture of calming down. "You don't have to tell off Makino-san, it was us who insisted to come here. We can leave as soon as possible."

"But it was her who foolishly agreed instead of looking for assistance from the person protecting this land."

She did have to hold regards about Garp too.

"You don't have to be so harsh, kid. Makino-san is just being kind, you're considerably rude for talking to your guardian like that." Yasopp stepped up, although the kid reminded him of his son, his personality sure did not.

Kai was harsh, stern, and acted like he knew better despite being 8 years old. It was odd. Never had they met a kid like that before.

Kai narrowed his eyes at the Pirates. They lived with good modalities, they were nice. But they leaked off sake and smelled like they haven't bathed for years. That was when he disapproves.

"If you're going to breath the same air as me, make sure you take a proper bath and brush your teeth." Kai stated, turning his heels away and headed for the door, noticeably now itching his nose.

"Is he usually like that?"

"Forget that, at least he's okay with us here!"

Shanks approached Makino and looked concern at her unreadable look. He was honestly surprised at how an 8 year old could think like that. Words from him may seem childish because of his child appearance, but he was wise. A real surprise.

"Are you okay, Makino-san?" He asked, genuinely concerned. Makino only nodded with a small smile.

"Yes. Kai is always like that but he's a good kid. I'm worried for him sometimes because of how much he trains everyday, but he has Garp-san's blood running in his veins, it's no surprise on how strong he is for a child." She explained.

"He's Garp's grandson?!"

"He sure does have the Monkey presence, the superiority." Shanks nodded thoughtfully. But the appearance was much too different, and the personality too.

Kai was clean and neat as hell. The Monkeys he have met were not, plus they were more reckless

"He acts so mature because he's the firstborn, the marine ideology was entrusted to him in a young age. So please excuse him if he talks and acts like that. He's a good kid." Makino said.

"I can see." Shanks nodded.

Monkey D. Kai, huh? He sure does have a bright future ahead of him.