thirty one // distance

Monday turned to Tuesday party because of the many delays we're having with my mom's secret weapon which I'm pretty sure is a Beignet truck, that beautiful striped truck that'd come rolling down the driveway on times mom said I looked likeI need a little cheering up. She still insists it isn't the truck, I know her too well not to know all of her power plays.

"Hey dad" I greeted as I caught a glimpse of the top of his once black hair, now bleached, my mom's having some feelings toward it but I love it! It's bold and if it makes him feel young, now that he'll have four kids soon, I say fuck it! "What's up" Still crouched down

Him not popping up to greet me, was bothersome, I don't know why but it just did "Dad, what are you doing?" I moved on the other side of the counter where he sat, cleaning the floor with a semi visible mark "hmm" dad looked up at me with a serious face, did I trigger a nerve?

"Your mom would kill me" He worried "It won't even matter in a couple of months when the new house is ready, plus she can't crouch that low, she's so pregnant and the baby won't even crawl all the way here, no one would let it" My parents are throwing a gender reveal party on mom's 7th or 8th month, depending on when the house will be fully renovated

"Tomorrow's Tuesday and I'm just hoping nobody points anything out or we'd be dead" I let out a slight chuckle "You said we, we is just you dad" I nodded walking toward the stairs and into my room, Mango had been sleeping way too much lately, he's a quiet dude but believe it or not, he's got so much energy in him for being just a few months old

Devin and I are supposed to meet up today but I insisted that we make it Tuesday since that's when the party would be but in reality it'll make it easier for me to say anything so he wouldn't get upset. Devin and I had a very great and romantic relationship, we barely had any arguments about anything but when we did it would be stupid things over slippers and sandals being the same to him but being completely different to me, but I guess the only fight we ever had was about him not being able to stand up for me as my boyfriend or lying out his ass about hanging with other girls, but that was probably none of my business to begin with anyway.. I miss what we had, we were great together, we ended it on good notes, never a bad vibe when I'm with him, it wasn't toxic, it was peaceful but I guess with the separation, I found peace within myself and focused on my career more as well as my education in terms of what I want to do more of or less of.

The day had barely started and in hopes to get a good start of the day I need to think positive and do positive things, that of course would reflect onto me and the people that live in this house because if not, it'd get everyone in a bad mood including me and I don't need that when I'm out with friends! I put on a matching set of shorts and long sleeved top with pockets in the front that matched the ones on the fronts of the shorts, and as the simplistic and comfortable person I am I chose to wear my Chanel mules, ones with beads that are woven across with the logo embossed subtly toward the corner. I look so monochromatic.

"Hey!" I greeted as we'd kissed each other's cheeks, soft, pale and a wonderful smile written across our faces, it was nice to hang around someone new. Although he's not fairly new, just rekindling a friendship, we haven't hung out in what feels like ages ago, most likely a year or so but who's counting?

We sat outside by the railings of one of the best restaurants we could agree in because our taste are very different from each other, but in terms of fashion I'd say we're about the same! I'd met him at a studio where we were both shooting for a magazine, he was runner up for the cover but I was made first place, I guess you can say that was a start of a friendship that could've totally gone wrong! Thankfully it didn't.

"You should totally come by the house tomorrow! We're throwing a party or for me at least, it's just a thing for graduating USC and you know moving on into life or whatever" I shook my head smiling ahead prior to drinking the glass of water I'd wish were champagne