Who Are You?

I ran through the woods, holding my arm.

     Why the heck does he do this to me? I'm his daughter! He doesn't have the right to lay a hand on me.

     I groaned and sat down against a tree. I pulled my sleeve up and looked down at my arm. Sure enough, an ugly bruise was forming. I sighed and leaned my head against the tree. Suddenly I got a bad feeling. I jumped up and pulled my sword out. I felt an arm around my waist as a sword's blade softly touched my neck.

     "Who are you?" I asked, fear apparent in my voice.

     "Put your sword down," A deep voice said into my ear. I did the most obvious thing and listened.

     "I'll ask again, who are you?" I asked.

     "I'm your worst nightmare." He tilted my head up, and I saw him.

     "A-Aaron..." I tried to hold my fear back. It was Aaron, son of Irene.

     "No one ever told me of your beauty." He smirked.

     "Oh?" That was all I could get out.

     "You know, I have heard about other things about you." He chuckled.

     "Like what?" I asked.

     "You are often swallowed up by your emotions. You are nothing like your father." He slid his arm back down to my waist.

      "You think I'm the only one who isn't like their parents?" I chuckled.

     "What do you know about me?" He smirked, no fear showing in his eyes. 

     "Your mother is a merciful woman. She hardly ever puts anyone to death by her own hands. She always has them killed for her. You were the one who normally did it for her," I said, holding back as much fear as possible.

     "Wow, impressive." He chuckled. "You do know quite a bit about me. I know something else about you that no one else knows." 

     "What?"

     "Your father hasn't always been the kindest to you after your mother died." He moved his hand down to my arm. I winced in pain.

     "Don't touch me there." I put my hand on his.

     "Why?" He asked, "Because of this?" He pulled my sleeve up to show off my bruises and cuts. I saw his eyes fill with pain.

     "How did you know?" I asked, pulling my sleeve down.

     "I-" He looked down into my eyes. He set his hand on my arm.

     "What are you-" I felt the pain leave my arm. "What did you just do?"

     "I healed you." He pulled my sleeve down and my arm looked normal.

     "W-Why?" I was so confused.

     "It's nothing. I have an offer for you." He let go of me entirely. "I can offer you a better life than your father could ever give you. We'll treat you as a guest of honor." 

     "Why do you want me?" I raised an eyebrow.

     "You could change the war. Do you truly stand for everything your father lives by?" He asked.

     "Well, some of it..." I shrugged.

     "You stand for killing innocent people for fun? You stand for hurting people who love you? You stand for starving your people so you can have a better life? You stand for destroying innocent kingdoms just to feel more powerful. You stand for taking people away from their families to watch them suffer?" 

     "Uh..." I sighed.

     He's right. My father is a disgusting person. No, I must stay strong.

     "My father kept me after my mother died. No matter how disgusting he is I will stand my him. I will never betray him." I sighed. He shook his head.

     "Fine, continue suffering. If your father finds out about this interaction you won't see another day." He turned around and began walking off. 

      After he left I picked up my sword and walked off towards the castle.

      What if I went with him? No, I can't even think about that. I won't betray my father.