her misfortune

(~~~~~~)

He hasn't been here for the past 3 weeks. I ask Angela every day if they had come back. She had homeroom with one of the Cullen's. She would always say the same thing "sorry no" then she'd give me a tight squeeze and we would head to our classes. I felt as if it was my fault that-

Narrator/ 3rd person:
Emilia chokes on breathe as she observes the Cullen's coming into the lunchroom, back and paler than ever. Jessica pinches my back and I gain eye contact with Edward. He turns away and throws his fry down back in his tray. I turn to Angela and she gives me a reassuring smile. I tell Jessica and that I need to use the restroom. I non chalantly walk out of the cafe and head to my locker and slide down.

I let a tear slide down my cheek. I think it would have been best if I had just stayed in Arizona. I should have argued with my mom about leaving, but no I had to , I-i .... "umm, sorry am I in your way?" I ask Edward who stood in front of me not saying a thing.

I get up and start to leave wrapping my arms around the waistband of my skirt. "Wai-wait!" I turn around to hear the voice say. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell. I wanted to make a proper introduction for you since I made quite a scene in biology-" , "Why where you gone so long?" I interrupt. "Umm... camping trip with my family," he responds rather bluntly. I nod along and ask him if he wanted to walk me to class, "Oh uh- sure." We get to my English and before he turns to walk away I thank him with a peck on the cheek.

It didn't seem like he enjoyed it, I'm not sure. I didn't see him blush but, he did smirk on his walk back. As school finishes, I head to my car to go home. I didn't feel like riding back with Angela or Jessica so I took my mom's car to school.

As I am about to take my earbuds out I see a van crashing towards me. I close my eyes, in a state of shock when I open them back up to see what was holding me between the van and my car........ Edward? He stares at me for a moment and then he's gone. Ang and Jess rush over to me and Mike jumps out of the van "Em, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-" , "YOU COULD HAVE KILLED HER!" Jessica shouts.

They take me to hospital where I meet my mom and the doctor. "Hello, I'm Dr. Cullen, I will just be checking out Emilia here, to make sure she doesn't have any type of concussion or blunt force trauma."

After he finishes checking me, he tells me that there was nothing to worry about but, that I should go home and get some rest.

As I am walking into the halls of the hospital, I see from the corner of my eye, Edward, Dr. Cullen and a light-haired girl. Conspiring in the empty corridor.

I gasp when Edward notice's me staring and turn around and start to walk away. He catches up to me and put his hand around my shoulder, forcefully turning me around.

"I-I just wanted to say thank you," I say very unenthusiastically. "Wha- Why?" He asks as if nothing happened. "You saved me." I whisper yell, "Emilia, you hit your head pretty hard against the van, I think you should go home and get some rest."

He says, that little shit. "No... you ran pretty quickly through the parking lot and stopped the car from hitting me."

I get so aggravated and done with his bull so I rip his hand off of my shoulder and storm off.