the eyes (have it)

"Yo, Hotch", Morgan said as he and Emily walked closer to their Unit Chief. "Prentiss said you took him down solo."

"He wasn't far behind me", Hotch shrugged.

"You know you should've waited for back-up", the other agent pointed out, which was quite unusual for Morgan to say.

"Would you?", Hotch asked back and Morgan just chuckled before walking back to the cars, leaving Emily and Aaron on their own.

"What?", he then asked as he walked past Emily, who still stood in her tracks.

"Nothing", she just huffed, a small smile on her face.

However, as soon as they were alone in his SUV, she violently hit him against the arm. "Don't you ever do that again", she said, the stern look on her face scaring Hotch a bit.

"Relax", he replied calmly. "Like I said, he wasn't far behind me."

"We both know that he was!", Emily shook her head. "You always tell us to wait for back-up, so you should, too! You have a son at home, after all!

"Em, nothing happened", Hotch assured his girlfriend. "Calm down."

She just scoffed and crossed her arms in front of her chest, still mad. Of course she probably would have done the same in his position, but luckily he didn't bring that point up.

"What's wrong with the face?", JJ asked as they later entered the plane, finally heading home.

"What do you mean?", Emily asked and sat down next to Morgan as the blonde sat down in front of her, next to Reid.

"You're looking like it's been raining for 100 days straight", JJ pointed out.

"She's still mad at her man", Morgan grinned.

"I'm not -", Emily exclaimed, but stopped as soon as she realized what Morgan just had said. Even JJ's eyes had widened in surprise and from the corner of her eye Emily saw that Hotch and Rossi had turned their heads into her direction, too. Only Reid was still focused on the book in his hands.

"What did you just say?", she cleared her throat, trying to play it cool.

"You've heard what I said", her friend replied, acting like it was the most casual thing to do.

"Derek!", JJ kicked him against his shin.

"What?", he asked back. "I'm tired of this acting like we don't know about these two. It's not of a big deal."

"I - wha - you know?", Emily exclaimed, her eyes moving back and forth between JJ and Morgan.

"Please, who doesn't?", Rossi laughed, earning a stern look from Hotch.

"I didn't", Reid looked up from his book.

"Since when?", the brunette exclaimed, still totally in shock. She had really believed that Hotch and she had put up a good act.

"From the very beginning on", JJ smiled. "Come on, guys, did you really believe that you could fool a group of profilers?"

"It was Garcia, wasn't it?", Emily sighed.

"Garcia knew?", Hotch finally said something.

"No, it was not Garcia", JJ shook her head. "But after I had figured it out, I went to talk to her and she started talking like a water fall."

"Garcia looked up my past", Emily mumbled towards Hotch, giving him an apologizing look. This was not how she had planned to tell the team one day and she knew how uncomfortable he was with this.

However, a small part in her was glad that her friends finally knew, and she wouldn't have to completely hide her feelings towards Aaron - even though she knew that they would probably still be professional 99% of the time.

Hotch, on one hand, couldn't say that he had been totally surprised when he had learned that his team knew about his and Emily's relationship. He knew that it had been foolish of him to believe that he could lie to these people, however, he had still wanted to keep this to himself.

On the other, he was glad that he finally wouldn't have to act like he didn't care as much for Emily as he did, and that he was finally able to tell everyone that he was with this amazing woman.

Later that day, Emily brought the team's reports into Hotch's office. The rest had already left, and she wanted to know when they would head home. It was the first time they finally were alone ever since the had gotten to know that the others knew about them.

"Hey", she smiled as she closed the door behind her.

"Hey", Hotch replied and took the reports from her.

"I'm really sorry for how that went", Emily sighed. "I know you didn't want them to find out."

"Well, I guess the whole 'secret' thing was doomed from the very beginning", he shrugged. "And I'm kind of glad that they found out, otherwise they would be really bad profilers."

"So you're not mad?"

"God, Emily, why should I be mad?", he chuckled.

"You were always very serious about nobody finding out", she sighed.

"I was", he nodded. "And I'll probably have to talk to Strauss tomorrow. But the team is our family, and I think they deserved to know."

"Me too", Emily smiled.

"And concerning what you said last week, about the 'going down on each other thing' in the office", he then said, his voice rather serious. "We're not keeping it on a low now anymore, are we?"

"I knew that this idea would get stuck on your mind", his girlfriend grinned. "I bet you dreamed about having me in your office, didn't you? Or in the SUV?"

She knew exactly what her words were doing to him, and she couldn't exactly say that she didn't have these thoughts before.

Hotch clenched his jaw as she walked over to the door, expecting her to lock it. To his disappoint, she did the exact opposite and opened it.

"You know honey, I really like these ideas, too", she winked. "But I'm still mad at you for going after the Unsub solo. So you won't get any of this-", she motioned down her body. "-until we get home."

And with these words she walked out of his office, leaving him with a pained, yet wide smile. One day, this woman would be the death of him.