Chapter Five

The team sat on the ground, extremely tired. Training with Black Canary was hard, to say the least. She would spar with them separately, and every time they lost (almost every time) they had to do some sort of work out.

It usually consisted of lifting weights. Which would sound easy for some of them, but the weights could be adjusted to their strength level.

She would also make them run laps. Wally laughed at that, until she said she would be adding weight, and you couldn't use your powers.

The whole time, Dick just sat back and relaxed. He would usually laugh when they failed, and had to run laps.

Until now anyway.

•••

Connor once again failed almost instantly when he sparred Black Canary. Which caused Owl to burst out laughing. The whole team glared at him. He's been doing this the whole week. It's definitely getting on their nerves.

"If you think it's so funny, why don't you spar with her?" Connor growled out.

Dick thought it over for a moment. Would this be a good time to show them he can actually fight? Surprisingly they haven't given him any sort of test yet.

"Why don't you Owl? I don't think I've ever seen you fight before." Black Canary said.

Well it seemed he didn't have a choice anymore.

"Ok." Dick got up and walked to the sparring mat.

"Alright, all you need to do is make your opponent fall onto the ground. Got it?" Black Canary asked.

"Yep."

They both got into fighting positions.

Dick wasn't going to go all out; he couldn't risk showing his true strength and all his moves. So he'd go easy on her.

But would still win and make it look easy.

The computer announced the fight had begun, but neither moved.

The two stood absolutely still, observing the other. They watched for any small movement indicating an attack.

Dick knew Black Canary was a decent fighter, and could possibly beat him. But Black Canary had no clue what Dick had up his sleeve. He had the advantage.

Dick smirked, catching Black Canary off guard. She definitely wasn't expecting that of all things. But it was all Dick needed to attack.

Dick flipped over Black Canary, and was about to kick her legs out from underneath her when she jumped up and rolled away.

They both got back into fighting positions, and waited. Black Canary ran at Dick; going in for a punch to the face, but he ducked and punched her in the stomach.

She stepped back, and looked back up to see Owl gone. As she was turning around in realization, he kicked her in the back, causing her to fall onto the ground.

That was a nice trick he learned from dad.

He smirked at Black Canary as she got back up.

"Good job, Owl. You're the first to win." She smiled. "Would anyone else like to fight him since he won?"

Everyone shook there heads no. If he can beat Black Canary, they would never have a chance.

Black Canary sighed. "All right, we're done sparing for the day. But everyone is going to have a session check up today."