Come Fly With Me

Outside a dinner in East End Airstrip Jay is on a pay phone. East End Airstrip is a small truck stop town built around a old dirt road airstrip. Alicia is sitting in her room at the palace when the phone rings and she answers it "I don't care what you want go away."

"Are you having a moment Sis?"

"Jay it's good to hear your voice. How are you?"

"I'm good and you. Mum's had every picture of you in the palace taken down. The only one left is the one in my room."

"I bet she loves that."

"Well she tried to have it taken down but the Stuarts are now scared to enter my room."

"Why?"

"Because the last one that did got a spirit blast to the face." They both laugh and the Alicia asks "hows Max anyway?"

"He's fine I'll tell him you were asking about him."

"Jay who's you favourite Spirit Artist?"

"Goodbye Alicia." His sister laughs as she says "goodbye Jay." Jay hands up the phone and then heads off into the dinner to join Max and Dean sitting in a window side booth. "Alicia says hi."

"Oh how is she?" Max asks. "Very well it sounds."

"Did she say hi to any of us specifically?"

"No Dean she didn't."

"I wonder if she thinks about me because I think about her all the time."

"Well what you want to do dude, is stop" Jay states throwing him a dirty look. A waitress walks over and asks "what can I get you?" The boys look up to see Ve standing there wearing a pink and white striped dinner dress and apron. The boys snigger and Ve orders "say something I dare you." Continuing to snigger Jay states "you look... Uncomfortable. Yeah uncomfortable is the word."

"Are you going to order?"

"What are you doing?" Max then asks. "Well do you remember that conversation we had about all our savings been drain and we had to start working as we travelled?" Ve asks rhetorically but Jay answers "Yeah that's why we went hustling down the pool hall."

"You were hustling pool well I was finding legitimate work?"

"Well pool, darts, poker any thing we're good at really."

"By we're Jay just means him. It's shouldn't be a shock that he's the only one of us good enough to hustle at any of them games."

"Well how much did you make?"

"Just over five hundred pounds. It should tie us over for a bit" Jay informs and Victoria's face drops. "Why the hell am I wearing this than?" She takes off her apron and throws it on to the floor before taking a seat with the boys. At that the floor manager come over shouting "Victoria! It's your fist day, I turn my back for a moment and you already slacking off."

"I quit Bob but we'll have four burgers and four cokes. You know as paying customers."

"Oh okay then coming right up." Jay slimes and then Ve states "as good as five hundred pounds is it's still not enough to get us to Isle Benairo."

"Oh I have a way around that" Jay states pulling a news paper clipping from the ads page out of his pocket. "Now we don't have enough money for four of us to get to Benairo on a registered flight but there's a guy with his own plane prised in our rage of affordability."

"I wonder why he's so cheap" Dean questions. "Well Dean my best guess it that he's a crazy old man with a death trap of a plane but he's cheap so you know, swings and roundabouts."