~9~

The aesthetic I found on pintrest, thought it was cool.

This chapter may also be triggering. There is a scene with topics of suicide and self harm so please don't read if this will be triggering. I will put *** before and after, it will also be in italics. The first set of italics is a dream and totally safe. If anyone wants me to put a more prominent warning instead of *** please let me know.

Not to quote my own story, but be careful please.

Anyways, Happy Reading!

~~~

Thursday night Tessa has a dream, much different than the nightmare the night before. This makes her feel powerful, more powerful than she had ever felt.

~~~

Tessa dreams of a purple fire, surrounding her, consuming her. She can feel the power radiating from it...from her. There is a mirror in front of her and her appearance is different. She looks stronger somehow, more powerful. Her eyes are glowing a vibrant purple. When Tessa looks down she notices her eyes aren't the only things about her glowing. Her hands are releasing what looks like a purple magic, the scene reminding her of something from fiction. Tessa can feel the power within her starting to grow, the flames growing with it. It grows beyond her control and just as it is about to overwhelm her...

~~~

"I NEVER MEANT TO BE SO BAD TO Y-"

The song is interupted almost as soon as it starts. Once the alarm is off Tessa immediately pulls her comforter back over her head. Her head is ringing, worse than ever before. The sound of her alarm was nearly enough to make her cry. Everything feels like too much, there is a string loose in her pajama shirt that makes her want to rip the shirt off completely. She can hear Stiles moving in his room, a low music playing somewhere, she feels like her ears are going to start bleeding. Then to top it all off, Tessa can smell something. Her brain is too foggy but whatever it is makes her want to gag.

"Mornin' Tess." Her Dad announces himself, he's quiet though like he is trying to be gentle. "It's been awhile since you've shut off your alarm that fast...you okay?"

Even the low volume of his voice is enough to make a few tears leak from her eyes. "No." Speaking makes her want to vomit.

"What's wrong?"

Tessa can't even process what her dad said, too busy trying not to lose the contents of her stomach. "Just be quiet, please."

"Sure." He pauses. "If you tell me whats wrong."

His voice makes Tessa want to stab herself in the head, the brain if she can manage it. Many times. "Head hurts." Another wave of nausea hits her and she rolls onto her left side curling up in a ball.

Dad sits down where her legs used to be, and rests a hand on her calf. The touch is supposed to be soothing but all it does is send another wave of pain through her skull. The smell that was assaulting her nose comes with him, she finally recognizes it has his cologne. It doesn't matter, it still makes her want to gag. "Are you hungover?"

Those words Tessa understands, and they make her angry. The emotion hurts her even more but she can't push it away. "Never drink. Ever. You know that." It's her first semi-complete sentence of the day and it is radiating anger.

Tessa has never taken a sip of alcohol in her life, and she never would. A memory pushes at the edges of her brain, there is a tingling behind her eyes. It makes her headache worse, but there is nothing she can do to stop it.