- TIMELINE -

okay so i'm going to be explaining the timeline and things in story that may be a bit confusing because this story is a lot to handle and take in and i just want to take some time explaining things because things about to get real messy in the next few chapters.

first of all as we all know the butterfly and wolf paring was a project that started way before jungkook and taehyung were born. around 7 years before the birth of taehyung and jungkook. the original goal of the pairing was for the wolf to provide protection to the butterfly since butterflies are very fragile and weak.

one small touch and they'll break. so the people that assigned soulmates and animals came up this idea and ORIGINALLY it was supposed to between a boy and girl since same sex soulmates were illegal. when jungkook was born he was going to assigned as the wolf and since he's a boy.

BUT in chapter ten, we saw that serim didn't want jungkook to be the wolf because she thought the idea of a man always protecting their wife was too stereotypical and thought that jungkook looked like he needed to be protected. so she didn't listened to the doctors and assigned him as a butterfly.

also in chapter ten, we saw minyoung, taehyung's mother, talk to the board of the hospital to include taehyung into the project. minyoung had basically been raising taehyung so that he could fit the requirements for being a wolf even at such a young age. so the agreed to let him into the project.

however, they didn't know that the doctors were already assigning the roles of the wolf and butterfly so when minyoung told them to put taehyung as the wolf they saw an opening for it and assumed that jungkook was a girl (even though that's clearly a boys name) and submitted it to be finalized.

now when you finalize two people to be soulmates for the project. IT CAN NOT BE CHANGED. so when they put in the information of jungkook and taehyung to be soulmates they couldn't change it. they realized they had fucked up because two boys couldn't be soulmates.

the only way that they could prevent them from being soulmates at the time for at least a while was to make them tattooless. and as i've states before, not that many people are born tattooless but the doctors have the ability to either take that away or make someome tattooless. so they made their tattoos disappear.

obviously they couldn't just leave it like that forever. so they decided that the only smart decision was to make same sex soulmates legal and change some peoples soulmates to be the same gender. so when jungkook was 17, his tattoo appeared on his wrist and it read 'Kim Taehyung' and taehyungs read 'Jeon Jungkook'.

and we all know what happened after that 😃.

taehyung and jungkooks story was beautiful but also tragic. tragically beautiful if that makes sense. they were forbidden lovers and their families hated each others and both families being filled with hatred and even murder. to be able to understand taehyung and jungkooks relationship. you have to understand their families first.

THE JEONS