𝐙𝐄𝐑𝐎

The smell of coffee beans filled your nostrils, taking a sip of your chai latte

The smell of coffee beans filled your nostrils, taking a sip of your chai latte. You always came to the coffee shop near your apartment to do homework, It was also where you worked during the day. You come here every morning - 8 AM to 3 PM

It was a pretty easy job. You and your best friend worked here so you weren't alone. She was currently on the clock, taking orders from pissy customers. Suzy has been your best friend since high school and now you live together.

"Y/N!!.." you look up to see your blonde best friend, closing your Macbook you smile at the girl. "Hi Suzy, how's work?" Suzy rolled her eyes. "Tiring! Margo has me on table duty, she can be such a bitch sometimes! that's why her boyfriend cheated on her with her sister" You giggled at her comment. Margo was your guy's boss, she was uptight and straight-out rude. You are quite shocked Suzy hasn't slapped her yet, since she has been fired from her other job for fighting her assistant manager- don't ask why.

"Shit that sucks.. has Fred come by to see you?" You ask her. Suzy groaned. "No...He's playing to get I swear! But enough about me girl when are you going to get laid it has been - 7 months!" Suzy exclaimed counting her fingers one by one. You turned bright red, shushing the girl. "Well, I've just been busy, focusing on school and working two jobs. I just don't have the time" You told her.

'Has it been that long?..' You thought. The last time you had sex was with this guy from your class, it wasn't that good. You didn't realize that it's been that long. 

"I can hook you up with one of my friends!" Suzy said grinning at you. You rapidly shook your head. "Nope...Nope! I'm okay thank you!" Suzy pouted. "Alright fine! but tonight we're going to the club!" You smiled then quickly frowned. "Sorry, girl can't. I have to work at my second job tonight. We can go on Saturday?"

Suzy nodded. "Yay! Ok-" Suddenly a loud voice interrupted you guys 

"SUZY GET YOUR ASS BACK TO WORK" Margo shouted from behind the coffee counter. Suzy bit her tongue back from yelling at the older woman. "On it boss" She winked at you and walked back to clean tables. You just sighed, going back to your MacBook, and finishing your essay.

Three hours had passed and now it was time to leave. Suzy grabbed her jacket and her bag. "Ready!" You always picked up Suzy after her shift even if you guys weren't scheduled to work together, since she didn't have a car. Though the coffee shop was across the street from where you lived it was a sketchy neighborhood even during the day. Opening the door to your guy's apartment.

It was small yet spacious. When you walked in you smelled the strawberry wax that you left on when you left, the apartment was filled with plants and art decor. The living had a white fluffy couch in the center with a glass coffee table. A large plant was in the corner of the room by the TV, a bookshelf was placed against the wall stacked with different art figures and candles, and a few of your favorite books.

"Ugh, I'm so exhausted," Suzy said kicking off her Vans. You giggled at the girl, placing your keys back on the hook by the door. "I'm going to get ready for work," You told her.

You finally arrived at your Job,  Sam's Candy Shop. It wasn't the best job but you had to take what you could get. Walking into the shop you caught a glimpse of Aleena, she was a year older than you. She was beautiful, she had light brown hair that was curled from her curling iron. She had slight freckles on her nose, big brown doe eyes, and a beauty mark on the bottom of her eye. 

"Hi, Aleena!" you waved at the girl. Aleena looked at you and smiled. "Hi Y/n! Bossman needs to talk to you out back" You looked at her confused, head tilted to the side. "Why?" Aleena shrugged her shoulders. You sighed and walked out to the back.

"We have to let you go.." Those words you never thought you would hear.

"Wait what.." 

The man sighed, rubbing his bald head. "I'm sorry Y/n, we just can't afford it right now. Business is slowing down and we aren't getting enough money to pay everyone. I didn't want to let you go but I have no choice." He looked at you with a sad expression on his face. 

You looked down at the floor, eyes watering. "I understand, Sir"

He sighed. "Your last paycheck will be sent in the mail.."

You nodded, wiping your eyes. "Thank you so much, Sam.." grabbing your keys and purse, you walked out of the office. Walking past Aleena who tried calling out your name you ignored her, walking fast to your car.

Throwing your purse on the passenger side, slamming your head on the steering wheel. 

"Fuck what am I going to do now?"