47.[Where She Is Thrown With This Seeming Reverie]

Beginne am Anfang

[Phoebe---An Hour Later]

"Please—Stop, just stop it." The girl's face, played over and over again in my dreams while her boyfriend thrust his body against hers, torturously rough against that brick wall. It was a stuck record in my mind and her face, was so vivid I reached out and this time tried to help her. Atleast that's what I thought.

"Get away! Get Away from her!" I jumped up out of a deep sleep, waving my hands in the air, when I felt skin touch against mine.

My eyes batted open. It was August. "Jesus Baybeh, Calm down. Having a Night mare?" He held my arms, that was apparently slapping him just now.

My eyes danced into his and I felt the fluorescent lights sting into my eye sockets. The sheets were rough and in here smelt like penicillin and expired wheaties. What happened?

My chest rose , heart--beating rapidly. "Where are we?" I asked him, inspecting the needle in my arm and the sanitary pad, between my legs.

"In da Hospital. You blacked out." He stared at me with the saddest, most glum expression, making me anxious. In the hospital. For once his shades were off in public and it worried me, he rarely took those off.

"Wh—Why?"

"They won't tell me. Said it's best they tells us together." He shrugged apologetically. I nodded, chest still heaving and he moved to the side of me, scooping my hair into a braid. Why is he so nurturing today. Oh dear, the melancholy is overbearing.

The doctor swept inside the room and I jolted forward anxious. My period, is something else huh? I thought.

"Ms. Washington. You're awake." She spoke, brightly but her eyes held a different expression. August let go of my curly tresses of hair, leaning against the wall.

"I'm Doctor Gilroy. My first name is Fiona." She extended her hand for a shake and I obliged.

"How are you feeling?" She sat on the side of the bed.

"My stomach hurts. Mildly. What's going on?" I asked, impatiently.

"Is this your husband, boyfriend?" She ignored my question pointing to August. I assumed she would know that already if he brought me here.

"No, Boyfriend. Mate."

"Okay. I see. I suspect he's famous? The paparazzi outside is a bounteous amount. More than I've ever seen." She smiled. I nodded.

"Well, Ms. Washington, I'm also an obstetrician."

I gulp. Why would they give me such a doctor? The girl watching television at the back of my mind scoffs, telling, insigting something. What the ....

"Okay.." I murmured, itching my arm.

"Well, it's seems that you and your boyfriend, have conceived a baby."

I flushed. The blood drained from my face and August's body jolts forward. He too baffled.

"A—A baby?" I study her face, which reminds me much of Claire Huxtable.

She nodded suddenly uncomfortable. "You were about 3 weeks and a day. It's hard to tell, seeing that you weren't aware and we had no prenatal care or observation." She rambled quickly.

She said were. I'm stuck on the were part.

"Were?" I sulked and my lip quivers, preparing for a thunderstorm.