Chp. 21- Friday Night Lights

Start from the beginning

I wanted to correct her to say that he did love me, but I decided against it. "Kylie, look. I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean for what happened between me and Taylor happen."

"You still don't get it, Ava. Are you really that blind?"

"What do I don't get!" Now it was my turn to raise my voice.

"Logan wants to be with you!"

My body was frozen as soon as those words escaped her lips. "What?" My voice croaked. Fuck. Get it together Ava.

She rolled her eyes. "You really are blind. Logan is no Taylor Andrews, we both know. But he looks at you the same way Taylor did.. and I simply refuse to stand in between it again. I'm not going to be the victim anymore." Of course she would act like the victim.

"No.." I shook my head. "No. He doesn't. Just drop this now, okay."

"You are so in denial, Ava. We both know he does. You're just scared. But I can't say I don't blame you after Taylor left you."

"Kylie." I warned. "Drop it."

A smug smile played at her lips, but I wasn't going to let her know that she was getting to me. She walked past me, grabbing a papertowel to wipe her face.

"Are you going to Logan's game tonight?" She asked me. Is she really trying to make conversation with me?

"Uh.. no. I'm going to a party."

"You mean those parties where stoners and sluts hang around? Why it's perfect for you." Yup. There's the Kylie I know and hate.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and headed back into the hallway.

Next thing I knew, a hand grabbed a hold of my arm and pulled me behind the lockers. I whipped around to see Logan, stress just merely spreading on his face.

"What the hell! Is a simple 'I need to talk to you' not enough!"

"Ava, calm down." Logan shushed me. His eyes went from me to the girl's bathroom. "Is Kylie in there?" Something sincere in his voice made a twinge of jealousy rise in my stomach.

"Yeah." My voice sounded much more smaller than I intended it to.

His brown eyes focused back to me, the softness never leaving. "Are you okay?"

"Why do you care?" I snapped. I didn't forget him ignoring me for almost a week. He was taken a back by my outburst. "Did I do something wrong?"

My silence was enough for him to answer his own question. "Ava, I'm sorry.. I didn't-"

I raised my hand, silencing him. "Don't. Just don't." I seethed. "If you didn't want to be friends anymore, you could of just told me."

A look of confusion spread across his face. "W-what, what are you talking about? Of course I want to be friends! I was just mad because.. because.."

"Because what, Logan?" My patience was starting to grow thin.

He mumbled something under his breath, something I couldn't quiet catch.

"What?"

"Ava, look." He sighed. "It doesn't matter why I was mad, just know that I'm not anymore. I'm sorry for mistreating you this past week."

"You just can't say sorry and expect me to forgive you so quickly." I muttered.

"I know." He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked at the ground. "Are you still coming to my game?" He asked timidly.

"Oh.. um.." I stammered. "I'm actually going to a party."

"So you're not going to come?"

"Do you want me to come?"