🥀Chapter Six🥀

Arrival

──────〔✿〕──────

Sonic's POV

Monday, Present Day

     Aahh, the joys of happiness. Honestly, I can't hold my excitement back anymore; SAL WAS COMING OVER TODAY!

     'Sal' was my nickname for Sally.

     I thought of spending the whole day with her and I planned to take her to places she loves to go to in Green Hills. Antoine and Bunnie were escorting her from the Acorn Kingdom to Greens Hills at Valley Park, and I was waiting for her as families were walking by with bright smiles on their faces.

     It felt so good to be one of Mobius' heroes; being part of the Freedom Fighters has been a huge eye-opening opportunity for me. Seeing the joy on their faces motivates me to keep on helping people.

     And I get to do that with Sally by my side.

     She's very strong, and she rocks at being a royalty and a Freedom Fighter at the same time. Being around her makes me feel like I'm capable of doing anything.

     Right?

     Okay okay, maybe she's not a perfect match for me. And I know that because she's not the one whom I feel FULLY CONFIDENT with...... it's someone else...... but I don't know who; it's just so confusing. All the time, whenever Sally isn't here fighting alongside us, I feel even stronger than how Sally makes me feel. And I know that it's not the TEAM itself, but someone IN the team.

     I just don't know who.

     I'll find out sooner or later, no matter what!

     It's been at least ten minutes since I have been waiting here for Sal; I gotta say, she does indeed take a long time. But I guess that's because she has to literally WALK all the way over here. So I think I can wait a little longer, at least for HER I can.

     You know what I mean?

     After a few more minutes, I saw a beautiful hazel-furred girl walking with a blonde-haired bunny, who was holding hands with a familiar coyote, walking my way. Obviously, it was Sally, Bunnie, and her husband, Antoine.

     A smile grew on my face as Sally and I ran towards each other and hugged, and then we broke apart.

     "It is great to see you again, Sonic." Sally said.

     "Me, too." I replied, putting a hand on her face.

     "Long time no see, Sonic." Bunnie greeted me.

     "Yeah, it's been ages ever since we last met up." Antoine added.

     I nodded in a greeting way.

     "Yeah." I said, turning back to Sally. I don't know why, but I was feeling nervous for some odd reason. "I hope walking here wasn't a problem."

     Sally laughed.

     "Sonic, we ALWAYS walk here." she said.

     My face flushed in red.

     "Hehe, right." I scratched my head. "But, you sometimes ride on Tails' plane." I grinned, knowing a had a point. Sally raised her eyebrows and smiled.

     "Okay, you got me there." Sally said while laughing.

     "Well, I guess we should leave." Antoine said while gripping Bunnie's hand tighter.