Chapter 5-Bonding

3rd person POV

Y/n was... not happy...

Don't get him wrong- he was happy with his living situation, he was more comfortable now than he had ever been in his entire life, life was funny to him like that.

It's just when Nimitz said 'sign up for a program to save the world'

He envisioned a little more planning, and a little less paperwork....

A LOT less paperwork.

Belfast had told him that he would be knee deep in paperwork for the first few days, signing commission orders and supply shipments. For now all he could do was paperwork, as it was piled sky high on his desk.

Y/n hadn't met his fleet up in person (well, save for Enterprise), he was given his list of ships and a set of missions that needed doing... all in paperwork form

Sufficed to say he was in a low place

Y/n was a model soldier, he followed orders, he was versatile with equipment, he could throw a punch, and he could take a punch.

However this paperwork managed to do what no Russian howitzer could do, what no tank had managed to accomplish: it made Y/n feel defeated.

Signing the last commission order and slumps over on his desk.

He looks around his office, it was a fancy office, with bookcases and a fancy desk, a comfortable chair, and a window. With a beautiful view of command island,

But he would much rather be on a ship, with his life on the line

The door to Y/n's office opens, and his eyes dart up.

It was his maid, Belfast stood with an elegant posture and held a trey in one hand.

"You seemed stressed master, so I brought you some coffee, just the way you like it" Belfast says, laying a mug on the coaster next to the pile of paperwork.

This managed to make Y/n smile a bit

"Thank you Belfast" Y/n says taking a sip, it was bitter.... just the way he liked it

"Of course master" she says bowing.

"Fuck this..." Y/n says under his breath, sighing.

A silence fills the room as Belfast watches her master go through paper after paper. He seemed like he was on a track, a machine.

Suddenly he stops.

Looking up to the sky with a contemplative look on his face he suddenly speaks

"Belfast I think it's safe to assume you can cook?" He asks, Belfast smiles

"Of course master, the queen thought I should learn many cultural foods such as: Chinese, Japanese, French, British obviously..." she says impeccably, without skipping a beat.