Chapter Twenty Four.

Sorry for the late update. There was something clearly wrong with my internet but we now have it fixed! This is really boring and a bit of a filler but I hope you enjoy! xxx

************************

*Sarah's POV*

"Where the hell is Daryl?" Rick asked as he walked into the kitchen, making both Beth and I look up from our food, "It's past noon and I haven't seen him all morning."

"Maybe he's still sleeping," Beth said quietly, "He's been up early the past few days, getting us food."

Yeah or maybe he's sleeping off the hangover he might have. I mean, the dude finished that whole bottle of whiskey.

"Could you go see?" Rick asked again, seeing that I had finished eating.

I nodded and exited the kitchen, whistling a quiet tune to myself as I ascended the stairs.

"Daryl?" I murmured, pushing the door open slowly, "You awake?"

He had cacooned himself in the blankets and all that was visable was the top of his dark hair,

Okay, I had to admit, that was cute.

I approached the bed, nudging his shoulder gently in an attempt to wake him but instantly started freaking when I got no response.

Oh god, what if he's dead?

"Dixon!" I tried again, this time punching the spot on the blankets where I thought his arm would be. Finally, after a few more prods and such, his head moved up and his eyes opened.

"Wha'?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

I smiled down at him, hand reaching down to flatten a part of his hair that was sticking up, "You've slept in and missed the whole morning."

"Shit," he whispered, stuffing his face into the pillow again, "All righ'. I'll be down in a few."

Nodding, I made my way to the door, turning when I heard him say my name.

"Last nigh'..." he began, scratching the back of his head.

Here it comes. Either he was going to say he couldn't remember anything or that he didn't mean any of it. So I mentally began preparing for whatever one it was.

"Was it...was it okay tha' I did it?" he then finished.

"Huh?" I asked, confused. Why was he asking me that? I mean, of course I wanted it.

"Kissed ye'. I-I mean I've been gettin' some signals from ye' but maybe I've been reading them wrong." he started rambling, which was really cute by the way, and I bit down on my bottomm lip to stop me from smiling.

"It's okay," I finally said, startling him, "I liked it."

**********************

"Ye' wanna ride wi' me?" Daryl asked, lowering his voice so only I could hear him.

"Hell yeah." I breathed, throwing my bag into the closest car. It was either this or listen to Lori and Rick attempt to make awkward conversations with each other the whole time.

Rick and T-Dog had gone for a drive earlier in the afternoon, finding us another place for us to stay in, but this time, it was an abandoned factory.

I didn't really understand why we couldn't stay here. And, this factory was in the direction we came from when we were being chased and when I opened my mouth to tell them this, T-Dog moved things along.

Daryl pulled up beside me, cutting the engine off before getting off the bike, "Get ready to go. I'll jus' be a minute."

I gave him a smile, watching as he headed into the house before climbing onto the vehicle and scooting my way to the back.

"I'm thinking that after tonight, we head back in the direction of the farm. There's some large markings on the map that I wanna check out. Maybe we missed something good." Rick said to T-Dog as they came down the steps.

"That is a terrible idea." II finally spoke up, "Rick, we were surrounded. I mean, yeah it's been a couple of months but you don't know that it's safe."

He shrugged and threw the bag he was carrying into the car he would be driving, "We'll deal with that when we come to it. There's no point in having everyone panicking."

"I think you're going to be putting us in danger." I said quietly, "There was absolutely no way that you can guarentee our safety."

He finally turned to look at me and when he did, I noticed how hard his eyes were. Someone clearly didn't like being disagreed with, "If you don't like the plan that we're following, then feel free to leave."

Hershel took a step in between us, "How about we all just take a deep breath and keep calm. Sarah, checking out the factory might not be a bad idea. Really, what could go wrong?"

I sighed quietly just as Daryl came out of the house, noticing the atmosphere immediately, "What's going on?"

"Nothing to worry about, son." Hershel smiled, clapping his hands together, "How about we get this convoy moving, huh?"

I didn't notice Daryl had climbed onto the bike until he started it, the engine roaring to life and I quickly wrapped my arms around his torso before he took off.

**********************

"Ah yes, this place is so much better than the house." I droned as we all took in the building in front of us.

Almost all of the windows were broken and there were even holes in the walls. The place had probably been abandoned long before the end of the world took it's toll on it.

To make things worse, there was a storm making its way toward us.

"I told you." I muttered, shoving past Rick with my bags.

"Yeah, well good for you." he mumbled in return and I rolled my eyes.

Daryl followed behind me, his arms full with his bags and some guns and he followed me to a spot where there none of the group were huddled together. 

"Is it all righ' that I put my stuff here?" he asked, gesturing to the floor. 

"Sure," I smiled, "We can cuddle." 

"Stop." he said lightly, dropping his bags.

"But it's gonna be cold," I whined, "I mean, look at all the holes in the roof. Do you want me to freeze?" 

"Ye' won't freeze." he muttered, "Besides, I'm probably gonna be on watch most of the nigh'." 

"Damn," I whispered, grinning when he glared at me some more, "I am totally kidding. But if you do get cold and want to cuddle, please feel free..." 

He rolled his eyes before grabbing his crossbow, "Get yer mind outta the gutter, Miller."