Chapter Twenty Eight.

"That's it there," Joey said quietly, pointing to one of the many abandoned warehouses we had passed on our travels.

"Do they have anyone on watch?" I asked, "Y'know, anyone who could kill us?"

"They have people on the top floor inside," he informed us, pointing towards one of the large windows, "You'll be lucky if they don't see you. You should be able to get in pretty much unnoticed though if you go round the back."

"All right," Rick murmured, "We'll split up, watch the exits and see what's going on and how many people we're going to have to go up against. We'll meet back here when I give the signal."

Everyone agreed and that's how I found myself watching the side door along with Maggie and we were crouched down inbetween two trees watching the door carefully.

T-Dog was watching the back door along with Daryl and Rick and Glenn were with Joey out front.

Rick had given us a sniper and we had rest it on the large roots of the tree and Maggie was peering through the scope.

When I see we were watching the door, I really mean that she was. I was too busy keeping my attention on a ladybird that was making it's way across the base of the tree and I gently rest my finger down and watched it crawl onto it.

I giggled slightly as it made it's way up onto my arm, tickling the skin, although that was cut short when I felt the cold barrell of a gun being pressed against my back.

Shit.

I slowly turned around, seeing two men with large guns pointed at the two of us. One, let's call him Thing One for the moment, had a pretty nasty looking scar running down the length of his face and well, Thing Two, had a bloody bandana wrapped around his neck.

"Hello," I said quietly, giving the men a wave and Maggie turned at the sound of my voice.

"What're you doing here?" Thing One asked.

I slowly stood, "I-It's the end of the world. We were just looking for a safe place to spend the night."

"Don't lie to us," he said again, "We know you. We can see your cop friend over there along with Joey."

Well why the hell did you ask who we were then? I mean, Jesus Christ.

Thing Two wasn't saying anything, instead, he was staring at me and I watched as his eyes widened in realisation, "You're that bitch from the hospital! The one who stabbed me with anesthetic!"

Oh great.

I let out a weak laugh, taking a step back as he took one forward, finding myself against the tree, "Oh...hello again. Nice to see you."

"You," Thing One then said, pointing his gun at Maggie, "Get up. We're taking you inside. Let's see how your friends will act when they see we have more of you."

**************************

Inside the warehouse, we were surprised to see that Beth and David were free to move around. They were actually sitting at a small table playing with a deck of cards, their eyes widening at the sight of Maggie and I being dragged in.

"Stay there!" another man barked when Beth stood to come over to us, making her freeze. He then turned his attention back to us, "This...this could work for us. Get them restrained, including those two while I go outside and talk to the man in charge."

"Boss." Thing One muttered and he and Thing Two left our sides to go into a room and I took the chance to look around.

There was sleeping bags and such spread out the lenght of the building, giving me the impression that there were a lot more of them that were here right now. There was also a pile of canned food in the middle of the room and I watched as one of the men who were sitting with Beth and David walk up to it and take one. It seemed that they could go up and take whatever they wanted whenever they wanted.