59| Wanna go for a drive?

GROANING, ENIOLA ROLLED over on her stomach and jammed a pillow over her ear to block out her ringtone. Lara lifted the pillow from her head. "The love of your life is calling," she said in a loud whisper, a smile in her voice.

Eniola shoved Lara away playfully as she pulled the pillow away from her. Grumbling, she pushed the bed cover away from her, climbed down her bunk, and grabbed her phone from its charger.

Eniola pressed the answer button and held the phone to her ear. "Hey," she said, her voice hoarse from sleep. 

"Babe? Sorry, did I wake you up?" he asked. Eniola yawned into the phone. "Not really," she replied, sitting down.

"You're sure I didn't wake you?" Dayo asked. Eniola shook her head before realizing that he couldn't see her. "Yeah, I'm sure. What's up?" she finally said.

There was silence on the other end of the phone. It stretched out so long that she was beginning to wonder if he had hung up. 

Eniola couldn't help but think that there was something bothering him. He'd acted strangely throughout the day at school and it was unlike him to be so out of sync with his surroundings.

After what had happened at the gym some days ago, the last thing she needed was him being distant. "Dayo, are you there?" she called.

"Yeah," he said, sighing into the phone. Eniola didn't want to push, but she needed to know what was going on with him.

"Hey...you okay?" she asked, concerned. She heard the deep exhale of breath on the other end of the line. 

"Yes, babe, I'm fine." Dayo replied. Eniola decided not to probe him further, figuring he'd talk when he was ready to. "So, why'd you call?" she asked.

"I was going for a drive around the city and thought you'd wanna come," he said. Eniola smiled at his thoughtfulness to invite her. "Yeah, sure, I'd love to come." Eniola said. 

"Get dressed and come downstairs," he said.

"Downstairs? At Palmers?" she asked, confusedly. "Look out your window." Dayo said and she could tell by the tone of his voice that he was grinning.

Eniola quickly crossed over to the window. He was standing at the hostel car park, leaning against his Mustang, with a phone plastered to his ear. Her heart skipped a beat at the sight of him.

He was so damn cute, standing there in his plain black jeans and a white T-shirt that clung to his muscular torso. "Hey," he said into the receiver.

"Hey," she said back, smiling widely. "Are you going to stare at me all night?" he grinned, his teeth flashing white in the darkness.

Eniola resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "I'll be down in five minutes," she said and hung up. Grinning, she moved over to her suitcase and changed out of her nightwear into a yellow tank top and denim shorts.

"Why are you grinning like an idiot?" Lara asked, emerging from the kitchen with a plate of spaghetti in her hand. Eniola looked over at her with a smile while pulling her hair into a high ponytail. "Dayo is picking me up for a drive around Lasgidi," she said.

Lara spoke around a mouthful of food. "Aww, he's so romantic," she gushed. "Yeah, he is," Eniola smiled indulgently.

Onome hissed from where she was reading on the study table. Eniola's lips thinned as she bit back an angry retort. "Bad belle (Hater)," Lara hissed back. 

Eniola smiled and blew her a kiss. "Bye, babe," she said, moving towards the door. "OK, have fun," she waved.

She closed the door behind her and walked down the stairs to the crowded parking lot. Dayo was already sitting in the driver's seat waiting for her with a hooded smile.

Eniola opened the passenger door and eased herself into the plush seat. He leaned across the seat to press a slow, lingering kiss on her lips. 

The kiss ended and she sank into her seat, her lips tingling from the kiss. "You look cute when you do that," he said.

Eniola turned to him with a confused smile. "Do what?" she asked. "When you bite your lips, makes me want to kiss you," he said, before he claimed another kiss. 

God help her, she was pretty sure she was falling in love with him...