III

"When she brings me coffee, her smile

I wish I could be with her until my last day"

___________________________

Holding hands, the short pair walked into the common area encountering the rest of the Levi Squad. The three men sat on the couches, looking over at the two in utter shock. Levi and Petra just stood still, unaware of what surprised the rest of their squad.

"Are you two together?" Eld finally spoke up from the awkward silence, receiving a small whack on the head by Gunther. Auruo just stared bitterly at Levi, clearly trying to intimidate him. Levi just glared back at him sharply, causing Auruo to frown in defeat.

"What are you two doing?" Petra asked Auruo and Levi, eyeing them in a confused manner. "And no, we're not together." Petra told Eld, dropping Levi's hand swiftly. Neither Petra, nor Levi knew why, but something felt weird when Petra said that. They didn't know what the feeling was. It was like a twinge of sadness, or an odd feeling of rejection. I shouldn't be sad. Nothing happened, Petra thought to herself, as she walked into the kitchen.

"Levi, come on." Petra said peeking her head back out of the kitchen door. Levi walked out of the common room and into the kitchen, still carrying the basket of flowers.

A few seconds of silence passed as the three men processed what they witnessed.

"Did she call him Levi?" Eld asked, shocked.

"I think she did." Gunther responded. "They are definitely getting together." Gunther said quietly to himself. A dark aura surrounded Auruo. You could feel the hatred and jealousy radiating off of him.

"WHO'S GETTING TOGETHER?!" Hange screamed as she ran into the common room, looking around rapidly for any couples in sight. "There's no one here." She spoke, saddened that her keen hearing skills had been put to waste.

"Commander Hange," Gunther said, saluting to the commander as the rest of the squad followed suit. "They just left, they're in the kitchen." Gunther continued, pointing to the door.

Hange rushed through the door and into the kitchen. In the kitchen stood the short, grumpy man, and the bright, auburn haired girl. They were going through the process of drying the plants. The pair was currently on the step of tying the stems of their plants to string so they could dry for a long period of time. It was a slightly boring process, but it was enjoyable together. And surprisingly, Levi didn't complain. Well he did, but that was when Hange popped on over."Well hello to my favorite couple." Hange spoke, walking up to the kitchen counter, on which the other two were working.

"Tch. We aren't a couple." Levi spoke this time, the same weird feeling surging through Petra and Levi again.

"If you say so yourself." Hange said pushing the door open and walking out, knowing that she needed to give them some "alone time" if she really wanted her wish to come true. Petra shook her head to rid her thoughts, and continued her work.

"So we have them all securely tied, right?" Petra asked, her gleaming brown eyes staring into Levi's gray ones in a happy fashion. Levi just glared back at her before turning away to swing the plants around. Shocked by his action at first, Petra gasped, before returning to her cheerful state once she understood his movement.

"They're good." Levi grumbled, gently setting them down as Petra applauded. The two of them walked outside, and into the garden, trying to find the perfect place to hang their flowers. Petra smiled brightly in the dark, but it wasn't because of the flowers. She looked at Levi who was tying the flowers to a fence post that was high up.

"There." Levi said nonchalantly, jumping down from the fence and looking up at their little creation.

"Thank you, Captain." Petra said to her captain gratefully, hugging him tightly. Uncomfortable with the small gesture of affection, Levi just patted Petra's head lightly until she let go. Once Petra released from Levi, the couple walked on into the castle, tired from their day of work.