The Night before Valentines

Keith was panicking. It was really close to Valentine's day. Like the morning before. He really wanted to do something special for a certain someone, you know, confess his feelings. He really wanted to do it tomorrow, because he had that surge of confidence and really didn't want to lose it. Like he did the year before. And the year before that. And the year before that year. And-you get the point, he had been meaning to do this for Lance a long time ago. Okay, Keith decided to go to a flower shop and go to Lance, confess, possibly get rejected and run away crying. 

Perfect.

Keith quickly dressed for the day and went to a nearby friend's flower shop. He walked down the block and stopped at Romelle's Flower Shop. He opened the door and was met with his best friend, Romelle. "Hey Keith! What are you doing here? *Le gasp* Are you getting something for Lance? *another le gasp* Are you finally gonna confess after years of pining?" Romelle spoke quickly and was very excited. Keith sighed and ran his hand through his hair,"Yeah I am, and I'm gonna get rejected but I still wanna let it off my chest, you know?" Romelle shook her head as this oblivious idiot continued being himself.

"Right, so what do you want?" Keith smiled and threw his head back in thought," What kind of flowers does Lance like?" Romelle smiled as she went in the back and pulled out a bouquet of blue and red flowers. "Roses, as Lance would say 'the flowers of love' and any blue flower because it's his favorite color." Keith gaped at her with wide eyes,"You knew I was coming?" Romelle shrugged,"Of course I did. Have a nice day!"

"But-"

"Have a nice day!"

Keith sighed, took the bouquet, and left the shop to prepare. A few minutes later, a tall, lean, golden-skinned man came in with a blue suit. He had just come in from work and his hair was a messy chocolate brown. "Hey Lance!" Romelle said, waving at her friend. Lance's face perked up and sent her a dazzling smile. Any girl would've swoon, but Romelle was lesbian and taken by a beautiful white-haired girl that also worked in the shop with her. "Hey Romelle, say do you have any flowers for Valentine's day? For someone special?" Romelle rolled her eyes,"For Keith?" Lance blushed and scratched the back of his neck,"Yeah, I plan to do something." Romelle called to her girlfriend in the back, who already had another bouquet of flowers. "Thanks, 'Lura." Allura smiled and kissed her cheek. Lance smiled,"Roses and lilacs? I feel like he will like them, but still reject me." Lance said smiling sadly at the ground. Romelle and Allura slapped their faces at the two pining idiots.

Keith lay on his bed, pondering what and how to confess to Lance and not deal with the pain. He whipped out his phone and texted another friend. 

Takashi Shirogane, his adopted brother

KeithKoGAYne: Shiro, halp.

SpaceDad: What is it?

KeithKoGAYne: I can't do this.

SpaceDad: Yes you can, Lance like you too.

KeithKoGAYne: Says who?! I don't expect him to like me back, I just....want to tell him.

SpaceDad: Why don't you do it indirectly?

KeithKoGAYne: ?

SpaceDad: Like send him the note and flowers.

KeithKoGAYne: ....if you say so...But how?

SpaceDad: Well...

~To Be Continued