chapter TWENTY ONE

Mikasa POV

During the rescue

We arrived at the mansion Levi and I where splitting up....our mission was to find Eren and hanji.

We got out of the car

"Erwin will be here soon with more men" he said.

I nodded, I got my duel guns and waited for his next Instructions.

"Ok let's go" he said as we entered the mansion.

There were some men there but I shot them leaving one left.

Levi grabbed him by the collar "where is Mrs zoe and Mr jaeger" he said.

The man started stuttering "t-two floors up, m-mrs Zoe is on the left...and m-mr Jaeger on the r-right" he said.

Levi nodded "now get the hell out of here" he said letting go of the man's collar.

The man took off out of the building as we headed to the floor. We shot other men on the way. When we go to the second floor we split up. I walked and opened every door on my way.

More men came and I stealthfully killed them.

I reached a door with two men guarding it. I ran up and slit ones throat and shot the other.

I opened the door to see Eren chained up with whip scars on him....

"Eren" I called running up to him.

He looked up groaning "m-mikasa" he said quietly.

I nodded as I grabbed the key for his chains and unlocked him from the chains.

He fell off balanced and I caught him.

I grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around him.....

"Mikasa..." He said.

"Yes Eren..." I replied.

"I'm sorry.....I'm really sorry...." I shushed him.

"We can talk about this later" I said putting his arm around my shoulder as we walked out the room I heard men coming alot of them.... I looked at a window I grabbed my grappler and ran out the window.

I grappled the roof and carefully climbed down.

I ran to the street then I called an ambulance.

Moments later an ambulance came they helped eren into the ambulance. I was going to leave when one of the nurses called out my name.

"Ma'am he requests you be here with him..." She said.

My eyes widened I nodded and got in the car.....I hid my gun

We drove to the hospital and Eren was rushed into a room where they took care of his wounds....I stayed in the waiting area....I hoped he will be ok....

Many moments pass and I see HANJI!?, She was being rushed into another room as well.....I guess Levi was successful getting hanji back.....

A doctor walked up to me and told me Eren was going to be all right and he just needed rest.

I walked into his room to see him sleeping peacefully....I sat down next to his bed waiting for him to wake up....I wasn't gonna leave his side....I wanted to stay with him....

I just sat and waited in the silent room only hearing the beep of his monitor.....

Levis POV

I arrived at the hospital Walking in...I asked to see where Eren jaeger was being kept hopeing Mikasa will be there.

They told me the room number and I walked there...I opened the door to see Mikasa siting In a chair next to Eren....

She looked up at me "good job saving hanji" she said.

I nodded "Mikasa I need you to keep a promise for me...." I said looking out the window standing next to her.

"And that is..." She said.

"Please take care of hanji for me...." I sighed.

She jumped from her seat "what the hell are you talking about Levi" she asked concerned.

"I'm going away....I'll deal with Kenny....I want you to live a happy free life Mikasa....I promised your parents that I would free you from this mafia and well I think it's time you go off on your own kid...." I confessed choking on my words.

I heard her sniffling "no....Levi we can work this out together all four of us.... please don't do this on your own" she said tearing up.

I shook my head...."no... besides there are better men in the world for her...better than me" I said as a tear fell down my cheek.

"Levi...." Mikasa said..

"Nothing can change my mind Mikasa ..." I smiled....

I turned and looked at her "take care kid...." I said giving her a genuine smile as I left the room....

I went to Hanjis room to see her passed out on the bed... I walked up to her and sat on the bed.

I started writing a letter....after I finished I put it on her little table next to her... I looked at her and gave her a small kiss on the head as I got up and left the room.

As I was leaving the hospital I kept my head down hiding my tears as I went outside.... When I reached my car Erwin was in front of me with his arms crossed.

He sighs "leaving already huh..." He said.

I nodded I smacked a card into his chest "if anything happens to her call me ok...." I said getting into my car.

I stared at the hospital and then drove away....my heart stayed with her....I'll miss you my wonderful hanji....

I decided to leave the city making a deal with Kenny to continue doing his dirty work for Mikasa, Eren and Hanjis freedom....

The thought of them being free is the reason I'm going to keep pushing....I'll think about hanji everyday and I hope one day she will have a better life.....

A free life.....

(A/N) before you saying anything NO this is not the last chapter BUT it will be turning to hanji, Mikasa and Eren's POV, sorry if it was......sad but atleast it's not the end (;