12 After School Special: Part 3

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes. "Or you could talk to her like she's an actual person."

"Look," Emma said, stepping a little closer. "I'm going to let that go because you're new, and oddly, I actually like you."

I shrugged. "Okay."

She smiled. "See you at lunch?"

I shrugged. "Sure."

"Great." She smiled and then walked off with the boy she had been making out with.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After health class, I walked into the cafeteria and looked around for Claire and Emma but was greeted again by a bra snap.

I turned around and saw Richard standing there with a stupid grin on his face. "Hey, beautiful."

I rolled my eyes. "Dude, seriously. Do it again, and I will punch you in the face."

"I love a good threat." Richard smirked.

"It's not a threat, it's a promise," I said.

He put his hands up as if he was pretending to be afraid.

"Hey, Maddi. Over here!" I turned to see Emma waving me over to sit with her and the other cheerleaders and jocks.

I walked over, not entirely happy about the group of people I was hanging out with, and sat down. "Hi, guys."

Claire barely made eye contact with me and looked away.

"I see you and Richard talking a lot." Emma shrugged. "It could be cute."

"Yeah, that's never going to happen," I said.

"Why not?" Emma asked. "I know he can be annoying, but he obviously likes you."

"I'm good, seriously," I said.

"What do you have against boys?" Emma laughed.

"Nothing..." I said.

"Have you ever even had a boyfriend?" Emma asked.

"No..." I shrugged. "I move around a lot. I don't really have time for it. I guarantee you. I will be gone by the end of the week."

"Wow, that sucks. So you like don't even have friends?" Emma asked.

"Not really." I shrugged. "I have my brothers."

Emma's eyes widened. "That's sad."

"Would it make you feel better if I told you, I kind of have a crush on someone?" I blushed, not realizing admitting that would make me feel so strange.

"Really? Who?" Emma asked excitedly.

"Uh, his name's Nate," I said, and my cheeks got hotter.

"Aw, that's so cute. You're blushing, he must be a real hottie." Emma smiled. "Look, you should really go get food before lunch is over, we'll talk about him when you get back."

"All right." I nodded and stood up, realizing I was feeling a little hungry.

"Oh, and Maddi, grab the soup. It's to die for." Emma smiled sweetly.

"Thanks." I smiled, and since I wasn't sure what food was good here or not, I walked over to the salad bar and scooped some soup for myself and then joined the others back at the table.

Emma pointed to the left, causing me to look. "That teacher is the biggest jerk. I hope you don't have to deal with him."

Then hot liquid splashed into my lap, and I immediately stood up.