Goodbye (Kara)

'Hey' You murmured into the phone.
'(y/n)-'
'no. Listen to me.'
'(y/n)-'
'Listen to me Kara. I've said all the other goodbyes I need to say.'
'This isn't goodbye (y/n).' She said, sobs in between every word.
'It is. Listen. Listen to my heart.'
There was a moment of silence.
'No.' She sounded defeated and her words were heavy, wracked by cries.
'I love you Kara.' You let one tear drop. You'd give yourself one tear for her before you went.
'(y/n).' She sobbed out, her breathing almost weaker than yours. almost.
'I know. I know you're my best friend...' you took in a wet breath and coughed up blood...' but I always wanted more.' You finished with more blood trailing through your lips and down your chin.
'No. This can't be happening.' You could vaguely hear wind rushing. She was flying. She wouldn't find you. Not in time anyway.
You had moved your body into a sitting position in the dark alley, all of your almost dead body weight on the wall that touched your back. Your head was getting lower and lower and you were struggling to keep your eyes open. You could feel the blood pouring from the wound at your side faster and faster, adding to the already substantial puddle.
'I've been in love with you forever Kara Zor-El. Thank you for letting me fall for you.' You said, gulping for air now, and failing to get any.
'Stop. No. No. Rao.' She muttered to herself through groans of agony.
'Goodbye Kara.' Your phone clattered next to you and you could hear her shouts from here. Your arm wasn't listening to you, and neither was your heart. Your eyes closed and you succumbed to the darkness. It was better than the pain.
—-
The screams of Supergirl could be heard for miles. Because she had gotten there too late, watching the lifeless form of the one she loved with all her heart, but didn't get to tell them. She never got to admit that their feelings weren't one sided, and she hated herself for it everyday onwards.