Chapter 2

"Wait, you're just going to leave?"

"Well....I have to. With the portal being reactivated, I have to see how my mom is doing..."

The witch sighed as she stared at those warm brown eyes of her now newly found girlfriend, which was still a weird feeling but it definitely helped her to be motivated with life.

"But Luz, you have your new and exciting life waiting for you right here! And you told me that humans didn't want you there, or you didn't fit in with them so why bother going back?"

"It's not the humans that I've missed. As what I've said...mom.."

"R-right..."

Amity's lips failed to utter any much words. She felt her heart aching for her upcoming loss of the humam whom she dearly loved.

"Promise me one thing please..."

"What is it, querida?"

"Come back..."

She felt her heart is going to shatter at any minute. The thought of losing Luz and her life going back to normal, without the human's presence. It was too much for her to handle.

This is much worse than the pressure her mom and dad had her endure throughout her entire life. With them being gone and held in the conformatorium for the atonement of their sins, she honestly doesn't care at all but Luz...

Luz is the sole person she really cares about.

All these years, Amity worked hard not just because she wanted everyone to be proud of her nor show that she was a very powerful witch but also to gain validation to anyone she cared for. Parents, siblings, anyone who knew the Blights. Her siblings were seen as perfect, getting away with things while she has to be perfect so she HAD to work hard.

But ever since Luz...

Luz accepted her for who she was. Her flaws, even if they had a rough start but Luz insisted to push herself just to be her friend.

Her genuine friend after Willow...

No wonder why she fell in love with the human so quickly... Luz made her feel...important...

She made her feel safe, one thing she never really experienced.

She made her genuinely happy.

Smile...

Brighten her life...

Anything about Luz is just so...Luz.

Imagine what life is without that adorable dork of a human.

"I promise...I'm not just going to leave you here alone."

"When are you coming back? Please...let me know so that it won't hurt..."

"Hmm...A year. After my school year..."

"Promise?"

"I promise..."

Suddenly being pulled back from her own thoughts, she shook her head as she dressed into her own nightgown, trying to ease her mind from everything.

Exhausted

That's what I'm feeling right now.

Arriving in her room in the Blight manor, Amity flopped onto her bed as night arrived. Serving under Lilith who is the current empress was exhausting but she enjoyed helping the citizens of the Boiling Isles, especially because what she was doing are making those people happy. She had been enjoying these changes especially after she and the rebellion took down Emperor Belos.