Tanei chuckles "hmm.. Ayumi perhaps?"
Lin laughs along, smiling genuinely as she lets out an amused reply "No doubt."

"Well we should get breakfast, I don't know about you but I'm famished." Tanei breaks out from her mother's hold and starts to slide on her shoes. To Tanei's surprise, Lin went to stand and get dressed also.

"Uhh, Chief, you've been sleeping for sixteen hours. We just wanted to make sure that you're okay." They heard Mako say from the other side of the door. Lin disregards it and opens the door anyway, causing Mako to fall down.

Tanei watches as her mother yawns and stretches before greeting them cheerfully "Good morning."

Korra and Bolin glances at Tanei with suprised expressions. She simply shrugs and went to follow her mother

______________

They were currently sitting in the dining room when a drink was being placed in front of them "What's this?"

"I call it the kale nutsco. It's a mixture of kale coconut water and walnuts" The chef elaborates.

Tanei eyed the drink and glances at her mother trying to finish hers

"Not bad!"

Tanei smiled and took a sip at her own drink, loving this mood her mother is showing.

Lin sees Opal standing by the door before she tries to waltz away "Opal, don't go. Please join us, I want to talk to you."

Opal and Tanei's gaze meets, they briefly shared a small smile as she walks inside and takes a seat. Tanei stood and excuses herself to give them some privacy to talk "excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom."

Just as Tanei was nearing the doorway, she caught a glimpse of Kuvira walking by "Kuvira, hey!"

The said girl turned her heels and smiled warmly at Tanei "Hello, Tanei. My guess you just finished a meal? Yes?"

Tanei walks along with her, hands folding from behind "Yeah, It was good."

"It's good to hear that you're enjoying the delicacies." Kuvira adds, along with a swift motion with her left hand.

"Thank you, Kuvira." Tanei sends a light grin at her way.

"Are you going somewhere in particular?" Kuvira asks in a curious tone. Tanei contemplates for a while, Then she remembered that she was about to go to the bathroom.

"Aside from the bathroom, no" She says, letting out a small laugh.

"If that's the case, would you like to sparr?" Kuvira suggests, a glint of mischief evident from her eyes. Tanei would be lying if she says it didn't surprise her that Kuvira would ask such thing but she figured a good fight could make her morning complete.

"Gladly."

______________

Tanei thinks about using the strips of metal in attempt to make Kuvira trip over it and fall flat on the ground. She distracts Kuvira by throwing rocks and gravels at her and slowly slips the metal strips beneath her feet.

Her trick worked, causing Kuvira to fall briefly but manage to catch herself and immediately throws another attack at Tanei "That was sneaky"

Tanei docks and turns swiftly, every movement was smooth and her attacks were carefully calculated but Kuvira seems to be good enough to see through most of them. Tanei felt the adrenaline rush flow through her, Kuvira was surprisingly a difficult opponent.

"It wasn't. You were just too slow to notice it." Tanei lets out breathlessly.

Kuvira ran in a flash from behind her. Once Tanei turns, Kuvira was no longer in sight. She relied on her seismic senses to spot her but it didn't occur to her that Kuvira is very light with her steps, making it hard for Tanei to figure out where exactly she is.

She then suddenly felt a rock hit her at the of her head "Hey! what the hell-" Kuvira tackled her from above, trapping her in a leg headlock.

"Who's slow now, officer." Kuvira lets out a loud cackle, her grip on Tanei loosens as she lays sprawled on the ground.

"That was a great fight, we should do it again." Tanei laid down next to her, panting heavily.

Kuvira rolls on top of her, stumps a hand on the ground just beside Tanei's face before doing a punching motion.

"Not now! you idiot." Tanei says, laughing as she shoves Kuvira's fist aside. Kuvira rests her weight on Tanei and chuckles along.

"Why? Tired? Too old to catch up?" Kuvira lifts her head and averts her gaze directly on Tanei's eyes, a smug smirk plastered on her lips.

The proximity did not really bother Tanei, she was more worried that her pulse is speeding abnormally. The reason was a mystery to her but is suspecting it came from dodging rocks and metal panels.

The way Kuvira softens her eyes made Tanei wonder what was currently occupying her thoughts. On the other hand, the small dot, elegantly placed on the corner of Kuvira's eye caught her attention. Tempted to caress her fingers on the beautiful detail. Before she could further inspect Kuvira's artwork of a face, there was a call not far behind.

"Tanei!"

They quickly broke apart once they hear Asami's voice from afar. Kuvira moved away to stand and offered a hand for Tanei to which she accepts. The brush of Kuvira's warm hand felt comforting, a desire to hold it longer strucked her.

"Oh, there you are. Su told us to get ready for Opal's farewell dinner later." Asami says

"Alright. Thank you for letting me know, Asami." Tanei smiled at Asami, who nodded back a grin before she continues to walk away. She suspects Asami to have thoughts about their previous position. Though she did not waste a single fleck of worry since she trusts Asami will atleast keep it to herself or won't exaggerate and twist up the story. Asami is a lot of things but a gossip girl, she is not a type to blabber stories that is half a lie.

"I should probably go." Tanei mutters, motions a hand to the side.

"Yeah." Kuvira nods then grabs her helmet from the ground "I guess I'll see you around?"

"See you."

note: I AM BACK. yay. lmao so i just recently got this account back and ngl it was not easy getting it but anyways since I'm back I'll continue this book here too and I deleted the one from my backup acc to avoid any confusion. And do expect that there are some changes i did whilst editing the previous chapters so i suggest u go back and look through some of them. That sums it up thank you !!