09| britney bitch

Start from the beginning

How come whenever I do a bun in my hair, it falls out? Briar internally questioned herself as she watched Holly stand right in front of a smirking Everett.

She watched them whisper sweet nothings in each other's ears as Holly's high pitched fake giggle reached Briar's and Rowan's ears. Rowan rolled her eyes as she smiled tightly at Holly before walking over to stand next to Briar.

"I thought she was angry at Ever?" Briar questioned Rowan as they both stared in disgust as Everett and Holly began snogging each other. She watched as Everett's hands wandered from Holly's hair to her back, to her hips, and finally to her bum as he practically groped her. Although, Holly didn't seem to have a problem with it as she moaned loudly.

Rowan raised her brows at the nickname Briar had given her brother but didn't say anything.

"Everett and Holly have had an 'on and off' relationship ever since year 11. He caught her cheating on someone in the year above, and they broke up. The week after, I caught them snogging in the girl's toilets at school," Briar grimaced slightly at the location. "They've been cheating on each other ever since then; it's toxic," Rowan said sadly as she looked at Briar again.

"But why would they cheat on each other? That's awful," Briar asked Rowan who simply shrugged her shoulders.

"That's what love does. It turns toxic."

Briar quickly dismissed the fact that all love turns into toxicity.

"I think love can be beautiful," Briar sighed happily as she looked up at the ceiling.

"Have you ever been in love, Bri?" Rowan asked Briar.

"No, but the stories I read make it sound lovely," Briar grinned as she turned her head towards Rowan who wore an emotionless expression.

"But that's all that they are Brair. Stories."

Maybe so, but Briar knew that love had to exist. It just had too.

...

Briar, Bexley, and Rowan were currently dancing along to a song they didn't know. They were jumping, laughing, drinking, Briar had never experienced something so fun before.

She had played a classic game of 'truth or dare', a drinking card game she forgot the name of, and now she was doing what she loved. Dancing.

Rowan was twirling Briar and Bexley in each arm as they all giggled together. From the corner of the room, Briar could see Everett Kaine leaning against a wall with a flustered Holly Smith tucked into his side.

Well, I guess that they're back together, Briar thought to herself as she waved at Everett who only subtly nodded in return.

Briar was confused. He was nice when they met, kind of. But now he was being blunt, rude, and ignoring her completely. She kept wondering about what was going through his head. She wanted to invite him to her Christmas ballet show, but she didn't know how he would react. She decided on asking him tomorrow when they're both sober.

Briar looked towards Everett once again, only to see him gone. She frowned for a moment before beginning to dance with her friends again. 

After a couple more minutes of dancing, Briar looked out towards the kitchen as she felt a pair of eyes burning into her head. She squinted her eyes as they locked with caramel coloured eyes. She moved her head slightly so that she could get a better view of the person. She saw a flash of ginger hair walk briskly out of the kitchen and out the front door.  Briar thought best not to follow him, but she couldn't help but search her brain for any memories of a ginger boy with caramel coloured eyes. For a moment, she thought of George Henderson, but she quickly dismissed that thought as she didn't think that this would be his scene.

Nevertheless, she began overthinking the George situation. Would her parents actually force Briar to be with George? She didn't want to, not at all. Sure, George was a nice and sweet boy, but Briar didn't want someone like that. She wanted someone who could show her adventure, give her freedom, show her love. And something told her that George Henderson couldn't offer her any of those things. But, she did know of someone who could;

Everett Kaine.

Status: unedited

Status: unedited