My courage always rises

Start from the beginning

"So, you think it can't happen?"

"I'm not saying it can't, LB. It's just that whole Chat Blanc timeline was derailed when you freed him and corrected your mistake."

Marinette nodded in understanding of what Alix was saying. The timeline where all this happened no longer existed, she'd changed it. She took a deep breath and placed her elbows on her knees before cupping her face. She'd been scared of Chat Blanc for so long she'd almost forgotten all about the timeline changing, therefore things wouldn't happen in that order, if at all.

"Could the dream mean anything else?" Marinette questioned.

"Perhaps your soulmate has finally turned sixteen." Alix gave Marinette a wink before walking away.

Marinette's mouth dropped, could that actually be true? She knew Chat's birthday was somewhere around now, does that mean that her soulmate is actually her kitty cat? Still caught up in a spiral of thoughts, Marinette began to make her way to the locker room ignoring the blonde sprinting over and grabbing her same confidante by the hand and pulling her away to the same secret space.

Adrien needed to speak to Alix, like, yesterday. Why didn't he think of this before? He knew her secret and she knew his, plus she could travel through time. Yes, he'd passingly thought of Bunnyx yesterday, but today ..: today it was solid information that he needed her.

"What's up Mr Darcy?" Alix sat where Marinette had just vacated, crossing one leg over the other. "What can I do for Kitten?"

Adrien winced. He hated when she called him that in public. He'd knew he'd spend the rest of the week panicking that someone had heard her and were just waiting to attack. Either that or Ladybug would appear from no where and take his Miraculous off him. Either way, it wasn't good.

"I had - "

"A dream?" She interrupted before his could finish.

"How - how did you know?" He was stumbling over his words, terrified what the repercussions of this event might mean. He'd had dreams before but this was just so life like, he didn't understand where it had appeared from.

"I know a lot of things, Adrien, you know that?"

"Well, should I be worried? I was white and I had Ladybug hugging me and - and before I woke up I called her by her civilian name?" Adrien moved back as Alix launched out of her seat.

"What?" Her voice was panicked. Every arrogant inch of her had been stomped out. "Sorry," she announced, "I mean. You know who she is?"

He shook his head in sheer disappointment as Alix breathed out a sigh of relief. Marinette was really not ready for this reveal yet. The girl would freak and mess it all up before it had chance to begin. Alix loved her friends and respected them a lot, but if one wasn't ready to know the repercussions were unfathomable.

"No. For some reason I can't remember what I said. I'm guessing that's a good thing?" He began to scratch behind his neck as he spoke timidly to Alix. She nodded her head, before settling back down on the bench.

"Listen, Adrien, I can't really tell you anything apart from what you're dreaming actually happened."

"What? I knew who Ladybug was." Alix stood, placing her hand over Adrien's mouth, his voice being a lot louder than what it needed to be in that moment.

"Shhhhh - Adrien, keep quiet or you're going to give me a headache time travelling trying to sort this out. Now sit down and calm down." She pushed him down onto the seat. His eyes were like tiny kitty eyes glaring back up at her. Suddenly she had the urgency to want to rub his head. She wouldn't though, of course. There was no way she was getting on Gabriel Agreste's bad side, Adrien with messed up hair was definitely a no go.