\𝓈𝒾𝓍𝓉ℯℯ𝓃\

Start from the beginning

"We need someone to patrol Hogsmeade Station Saturday night," Moody said, ticking off something on his clipboard. "Heard there's going to be some action there, a possible meet-up of some Death Eaters. Anyone in?"

Eleanora was the first to raise her hand, and Bill looked over at her, alarmed. Moody noticed and, for once, agreed with Bill. "Not this time, Marks," he said. "We're putting you on hold for a little longer."

"What?" Eleanora was appalled. "But I'm better- even Mrs. Weasley said I could go out!"

"I can't put you at risk like that again," Moody said adamantly. "After what happened last time-"

"Last time was a different story."

"Last time was a mistake. We can't make that mistake again, you need training." Eleanora scowled at him. "It was on us, but it's not happening again."

"I can handle a patrol job," Eleanora said through gritted teeth. "What else am I supposed to do?"

"Lay low," Lupin said, standing up to join the conversation. "You're a target now, you know that, right? Ever since you escaped the Malfoys you've been a target. Sending you out now would do far more harm than good."

"So I'm stuck here until... when?"

"Indefinitely," Moody said at once. "We'll let you know if there's anything you can do from here, but no missions for now."

"Looks like we're in the same boat now," Sirius muttered from across the room. Eleanora let out a furious sigh, stood up, and left the room.

~

Bill found Eleanora in a second floor sitting room, laying on a couch with Daisy at her side. There was a book open on her lap but she was staring at the fire place in front of her, completely zoned out. Bill moved a few pillows and collapsed onto the cushions next to her.

"Hey," he said nonchalantly. "Great meeting, huh?"

"Why don't they trust me?" Eleanora exploded. Daisy looked up in mild surprise, and then went back to her sketchbook.

"El, it's not that they don't trust you-"

"Oh, don't act like you're on my side!" Eleanora stood up and turned to face Bill, who remained seated on the couch. "You're just as against me going on a mission as they are!"

"Of course I am," Bill said, leaning forward and propping his elbows on his knees. "I just got you back, you think I want to lose you again?"

"That's so gross," Daisy said, sliding off of the couch and heading for the door. "I'm out of here."

Eleanora ignored her sister. "I don't care! I have to get out of here, Bill. You don't get it-"

"How can you want to go on another mission?" Bill said, keeping his voice even. "After everything that happened, how can you actually want to put yourself in danger again?"

"Bill- they're telling me to stay here indefinitely. You know what that means? I just sat in bed for weeks with nothing to do- I can't do it anymore! I have nothing else to do-"

"Nothing else to do? El, we finally have something. It's been years of trying and we've finally got it and you're willing to risk everything because- what? You're bored?"

At this, Bill stood up from the couch a little too quickly. His eyes widened as Eleanora shrunk back instinctively. Realizing what she'd done seconds after she'd done it, she looked just as surprised as Bill. "El-" Bill started, reaching out a hand and then stopping himself. He didn't want to make it any worse.