\𝓉𝒽𝓇ℯℯ\

Start from the beginning

"Bill?" said Fred. "Why Bill?"

"Yeah, don't worry about Bill," George laughed. "He'll be okay."

"I know he will," Eleanora murmured. "But I still worry."

The twins' expressions softened. "We'll look out for everyone, alright?" George said. "Don't worry about any of us, though. Just keep yourself safe and come back soon, got it?"

"Yeah." Eleanora's throat felt tight. "Yeah, I will." She reached out and pulled Fred and George into a long hug. "I love you guys. I'll see you soon."

"Take care of yourself," Fred said, holding on a second longer. "Come back in one piece or I'll fucking kill the Death Eaters."

Eleanora chuckled and lingered in the doorway. "If you could do that, I wouldn't be leaving in the first place."

~

"All ready to go?" Bill asked, standing with Eleanora on the landing where they'd first kissed. "Got everything?"

"Mhmm."

"Oh shit- wait, I forgot something." Bill turned and took the stairs two and a time, disappearing into his bedroom for a second. When he reappeared, he was holding the notebook they'd used to write out their code. "I, umm- I put a few enchantments on it," he said, handing it to her. "If you press down on the clasp-" he pressed it, "-it shrinks into a little pin." Eleanora stared at the notebook that had turned into a tiny silver pin. She took it and pinned it to the inside of her jacket.

"It's perfect," she whispered, looking up at him. He gave her a small smile, but it fell moments later.

"I could come with you," he said hopefully. "Whatever the mission is, I'm sure I could help with something-"

He cut off when he saw Eleanora shaking her head. "You know I can't let you." She took his hands. "I wish you could come, but Moody would throw a fit. I wasn't even supposed to tell you I was leaving."

"So you were just supposed to disappear?" He let out a short laugh. "You know how well that would've gone over. Especially with the twins."

"Oh, I know." Eleanora bit down on her lip, and then asked the thing she'd been most worried about. "Bill, would you keep an eye on Daisy while I'm gone?" She paused, and then continued in a rush. "You don't have to do much for her, just visit once or twice a week. I worry about her with my mum... and my dad's gone and everything. Just check in and give her some company? Please?"

"Yeah, of course." Bill's eyes had grown wide. "Whatever you need me to do."

"Thank you."

There was a long silence. The weight of Eleanora's inevitable disappearance weighed on the conversation- neither of them wanted to say goodbye. "So..." Eleanora said, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"You're sure I can't come?"

"I'm sure. Just look after Daisy and I'll be back before you know it."

Bill nodded and took her face in one hand. "I love you," he said quietly. She leaned forward and kissed him softly.

"I love you," she said when they broke apart. He pulled her in for longer, then took her hand and pulled her towards her bedroom. Eleanora laughed. "Bill." Their lips met again, and then she stepped back. "When I get back, alright?"

He gave her a lopsided smile, tainted by the tears welling in his eyes. "Looking forward to it."

~

Eleanora apparated into Moody's backyard at exactly eleven o'clock in the morning. When she knocked on his door, he ushered her in quickly. "Were you followed?" was the first thing he asked.

"No 'course not."

"Don't 'course not' me," he said, pulling up a chair for her. "Haven't I taught you anything? Constant vigilance, Marks!"

"I know, I know." Eleanora didn't sit down. Instead, she threw her bag on the chair and began pacing back and forth across Moody's kitchen.

"You know where you're going first?" Lupin asked from the corner.

Eleanora jumped. She hadn't even noticed him when she first walked in. "Yeah, I've got the map."

"Good, good. And you're feeling alright? Still up to the journey?"

"She hasn't got a choice at this point, Remus," Moody growled. "We're too deep in this to back out."

"Moody's right, Professor," Eleanora said, jumping up to sit on the counter. "I've got to do this. And it'll be fine, really. I'm not too worried."

"You should be-" Moody started.

"How many times do I have to tell you," Lupin interrupted, his eyes twinkling. "There's no need to call me professor anymore, Eleanora. I'm not your teacher."

"Still feels weird," Eleanora murmured. She was too nervous to care. "What time does my portkey leave?"

Moody checked his watch and scowled. "You've got five minutes."