Chapter 10

I get in my car wearing the ''nice clothing'' Kara wanted me to wear. I don't know why I am going someplace downtown wearing this crap, late at night. 

I could get mugged. We don't live in the safest town to begin with, and going downtown? I'll probably be murdered. Surprised I already haven't, actually.

Eight minutes later I have arrived at said location. I'm mad at Kara for making me wear these clothes. They are itchy, and irritating, and I can not stand them. This doesn't seem like a restaurant sort of building, it's dark, and gloomy, so it pretty much looks like a downtown building at night. But still. It doesn't look like a restaurant. There are no signs. Maybe.. Just maybe, Kara needed my help hiding a body for the mafia. Probably not. 

I park the car, and get out. Before walking forward towards the door, I take another good look at the building. I knock three times at the door, and wait for about two seconds, and knock another three times, just like Kara said to do. She comes to the door, she's wearing makeup (which she never does), and a dress I've never seen before. She steps aside, and opens the door widely to let me through. I do so. I feel a bit under dressed, but I'm glad she gave me a heads up. ''Kara, what the he-'' I begin to say before she cuts me off by shushing me, and leading me into a wide open room. The entire building is somewhat empty, but it seems to be in good condition. It has a huge kitchen (so it was a restaurant..), some booths where people used to sit and eat. and in the middle of the room a long table. 

It's not just me and Kara here. Her friend Elle, is here also. It seems that everybody. ''What's happening?'' I ask, unsure. Elle is dressed in a tight black dress, her brown hair is curled, showing her highlights, and complimenting them. She looks stunning. 

Kara has disappeared into the kitchen.

The place feels almost romantic. It seems nothing extraordinary was done to it to make it feel this way, but it still does. 

I now see a few rose petals on the ground, white, red, and pink. Very few pink

Todays Valentines Day.

Oh my God... Todays Valentines Day, and... Elle... Is this really happening? I'm not helping Kara hide a body for the mafia? 

Well, that much was given. 

Had I not really realized what today was? How had I not known what was happening, what Elle was doing up until this very second. 

I'm stupid. I'm so stupid. 

I walk up near Elle, but keeping my distance. I still don't know completely of what is going on. I'm about six feet away from her. 

''Oliver,'' She begins, and I shake my head. My Father calls me that he's the only one who does, and I hate my name for that reason. 

''Olly,'' She starts over, and I nod. 

''Olly,'' She repeats, and I take one step forward, ''I have liked you for the past year, and I hope you feel the same.'' 

~ ~ ~

Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and let me know what you think! I reply to comments!