The Things We Did

Começar do início

"It seems to be very sensitive to temperature changes. The scientists had to adapt a smeet pod and turn it into an incubator."

Tenn excused herself for bed early, not feeling in the mood to chat. Unfortunately for her, Tallest Purple followed suit soon after.

"You okay?" he asked, visibly concerned.

"I'm fine. Why?"

"You've been quiet today, my dear. That's unlike you."

Tenn twitched a lekku. "What's so 'unlike me,' as you call it?"

"Um... Well, it's been half a day, and you've yet to snap at me or get mad over something." This time, her eye twitched alongside her lekku.

"Do you mean that being calm and trying to get along with you means something's going on with me? Is that what you're implying?" Tallest Purple paled a bit. Tenn had to turn away with an angry huff to hide the corners of her lips twitching upwards.

"Nonono, that's not what I meant in the least!"

"Right, just like you didn't mean to almost get me killed at my previous mission?"

"Oh, come on! I thought we were over that!" This time, Tenn did glance back at him from the corner of her eyes. This gesture meant she was only kidding. 

"I never said that, did I?" She smirked lightly. It made Tallest Purple relax.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I just... Well, I kind of miss our arguments. Fighting with you is funny...*" Tenn raised an eyebrow. "I m-mean, not that I like fighting...!"

"You're so cute when you stutter, you know," Tenn said, taking advantage of the comment to laugh a bit and release some of the amusement she so desperately tried to contain.

Tallest Purple's eyes lit up. "And you're cute when you laugh. How come you don't laugh much?" Tenn let her smile waver a bit.

"I haven't had any reason to laugh these past months."

"Hey, I can be funny!"

"Come on, your idea of 'fun' is pummeling Invaders for not wanting to do a puppet show."

"Oh, come on! Must you bring that up now?" Tenn decided to torture him a bit more and went right into bed, hiding under her covers. "Hey, what did I say?" She didn't reply. Seconds later, she felt Tallest Purple's weight on his side of the bed and his arms wrapping around her. "I'm sorry!" 

Tenn felt a shiver down her spine at the uncomfortable proximity; she still wasn't used to him touching her in such an intimate manner. Unfortunately, Tallest Purple seemed to interpret this as her liking the closeness and he pulled her even closer to whisper into her lekku. 

"You know I'd never really hurt you, my dear." Tenn swallowed hard. The idea to elbow him on the ribs to get him to back off was very tempting, but instead, she forced herself to snuggle into his embrace. 

"I'll take your word for it." 

She sensed Tallest Purple tensing up a bit. She glanced back and saw his face had turned a deep shade of pink; he hadn't been expecting this. 

"The bed's a bit too cold tonight," Tenn whispered. "Do you mind warming me up?"

She swore she could imagine the grin on his face. "I certainly don't, my dear."

**SoP**

Next day...

Ah, life's so beautiful!