Chapter 13 : Unsettling Gut Wrenching Feeling

It was around mid June now and my exams had come and gone. I knew that I had acquired an atleast decent grade point average to present to my mom. The funny thing is, I didn't even know which direction I was being scrambled in. As a matter fact the school life didn't really held a heavyweight factor in my life.

I had bigger fish to fry, well in simpler words it meant that I had bigger problems to deal with.

All I did, was ensure I did great but not excellent enough to draw unnecessary attention to me. How could I?. When I was still looking over my shoulder for my monster of a father.
It was just a few more days and then I can finally leave this education system behind and the hypocritical pretence. As if anything that was taught within this educational compound impressed me or held value.

The entire school was buzzing with excitement along with a bunch of meaningless decorations and it was a complete celebratory pandemonium. The reason being was that the school dance was coming up soon. Just great.
It was another event that held no significant importance to me. Yet just like any other teenager, I still wanted to attend the festivity and be a teenager for once.

Yet I was once an innocent child that was forced to grow up before my time due to the things that I had experienced in life. I had to learn to mask whatever weakness I had and spending my time harnesses my skills, my potential and honing my strength. This bred the expectation that I had to exert a certain level of maturity beyond my age and it can be a tad bit frustrating.

While watching my teenage years flit away before I can even grasp the moment unlike my fellow adolescents. Due to unforseen circumstances in my life due to my unholy father.

One of the worst case deck of cards that life can ever shuffle as your hand. It is one where your very own father is your enemy.
The very man that was suppose to love, teach, guide and mentor me throughout life alongside my mother.

Well the boiling point vendetta that he has pent up inside against me and my mother is completely unbelievable. It's funny how I have a present yet absentee father that only wanted to utilize me as a key for some heinous plan of his.

They had dismissed school a little bit earlier today. Just as I was on the school bus that was heading home. I got this unsettling gut wrenching feeling in my stomach that something was wrong.

This sombre mood had me feeling uneasy as I neared my home. As soon as I had stepped off the bus the same gut wrenching feeling crippled me again. I had slowly turned the door knob to entered my home.

When I was finally inside, the atmosphere in my home held quite a shift to it. One that I couldn't quite placed my finger on.
There was no aroma wafting in from the kitchen. The television was off and I didn't hear any sounds of snore coming from any direction in the house.

Somewhere in the house an unidentifiable object creaked a little and the eeriness that was being emitted from the house. It was like a next level heart attack inducing fright.

" Hello mom- honey I am home ".
I cautiously called out to the emptiness of the house.

Upon receiving no reply I stealthily approached the kitchen area and grabbed one of the big knife. I had started creeping on my tip toe and was in strictly attack mode. While I checked the parameters for any underlying dangers.

All the coast had seemed clear but something was still off-putting somehow. As I approached the only place I hadn't checked... my mom's room. I held an iron clad death grip on the kitchen knife in my left arm. Meanwhile my heart was beating at an unsteady rapid pace, that had my body feeling like it was being depleted of oxygen.

Yet when I had finally gathered enough courage to push open the door to my mom's room. The sight that had greet me, it was one that I would have never expect. Not in a million years. Even if I was prepped and prepared from before hand numerous times.

There was no way I could have kept my composure when I saw such a gruesome sight of my mother. She was sprawled out on the floor on her having what seemed to be a seizure. A violent one at that.

There was blood spilling out from the palm of her hand to her wrist and she was gasping for much needed air. It was like my mind was processing the scene and all that needed to be done. Yet somehow my body had refused to cooperate, I was seemingly frozen in one spot in sheer panic, fear and stupidity.

My eyes had landed on a bloody knife where the blade was pointed near her to body. That was completely vulnerable and threading the thin line between life and death. Seemingly gotten back fluid coordination over my body the knife that I was holding fell with a clung to the ground.

I had quickly sprung into action and dove to the ground on my knees. I immediately stooped behind my mom then tried to balance her on bended knees as I supported her head. While I was trying to reign control over the tremor shocks that was happening to my body in rapid succession.

I didn't even have it in me to cry over the situation. I was strictly in a life saving mood and with the adrenaline that was running high throughout my body that preparing me to fight or flight.

It was about ten minutes after I was supporting her the convulsions had stopped. Yet what had happened after that had scared me even more. Her body had lain completely limp in my arms and that was when the first scream of sheer terror bubbled out from the back of my throat.

I felt like I couldn't even breathe, much less to stop the onslaught of hot tears that seemed to burn as they made their departure down my cheeks. My body must have went into a blinding shock in an instant, as miniature splotches of white flashes danced across my vision.

Yet somehow I had blindly refused to believe that she had died. That my own mother would have given over to death so easy without so much as little resistance from her end. So with every ounce of strength I had within me, I shook my mom's languid body.

She needed to fight and open her eyes because all I knew I am capable of doing right now. It was simply to fight for not only her survival and hope but I needed to fight for my own also plus my sanity.
She needed to make it out alive and come back to me. She had to.

So despite the fact that I had tried to keep myself grounded and whispering words of encouragement to myself. I had felt completely disheartened with the situation.

Where was I suppose to pull my strength from?. When quite frankly I had lost all manner of hope.