Katsuki bubbles into a giggle.

"Damn, you caught me."

He finally allows Shouto to pull, lacing their fingers together instead as he leads them to sit back onto the sofa. It feels like forever since they've just enjoyed each other like this, cuddled up to watch TV. Things are arguably much better for them than they were back then but even so Katsuki could proudly admit that the last five years he's spent together with Shouto have been some the happiest in his life---regardless of the struggles that came with.

"You're sure about him, right? You're not...you know. Just doing this to spite your parents?"

Katsuki contemplated that, too.

"I...don't think so. I mean it when I say that I love Izuku. I think...even if we'd met under different circumstances, I'd still fall in love with him. Cause he's just that amazing, you know? And I'm never too much for him. He loves me and every bit of a hot fucking mess that I am." He squeezes Shouto's hand a bit tighter. "I don't think I'll ever find that again. And Izuku's not getting any younger. I'm not gonna make him wait when I know that he's everything I want in a man. He's just..."

"Perfect?" Shouto supplies. He's absolutely obsessed with the dreamy look in Katsuki's eyes.

"Yeah." Katsuki sighs. "Perfect for me."

"Then I support you one hundred percent, baby. I just don't want you to break yours or Izuku's heart by not doing this for the right reasons. I've said some mean things about Midoriya, but even he doesn't deserve that. And neither do you." Shouto points, unlacing their fingers to wrap his arm around Katsuki and pull him closer instead. "And if you're ever scared or nervous or confused, you can come to me. If you're ever unsure, you can come to me. I won't ever judge you. I just want my boo to be happy. Real happiness, not just you walking around smiling because you got a buy one, get one free coupon on laundry detergent."

"Hey, that was a damn good deal! We didn't have to buy laundry detergent for an entire two months!"

"Katsuki, I could afford laundry detergent, sweetie."

"I mean...yeah, but I wanted to be in charge of groceries. I mean, you were already paying our rent and most of our utilities. I know you wanted to take care of me, Sho, but I didn't want to just be a leeching freeloader and let you do everything. It's my fault we even ended up on our own anyway so---"

"Say that again and I will fucking punch you."

Shouto's tone is rather casual but Katsuki knows very well that he's crossed a line he shouldn't have.

"I never wanna hear that kinda talk from you---you fucking hear me? How dare you, after all this time, so nonchalantly have the audacity to say that this was your fault. It's that disgusting rapist's fault. It's your shitty parents' fault. Not yours. Say it."

Katsuki's jaw tightens and he swallows audibly around the lump in his throat.

"I-It...it wasn't my fault."

"That's right. We don't blame the victims for the crimes done against them. And you, Katsuki, are so much more than your trauma and so much more than your past. I want to hear it. Say it."

"I'm...worthy---"

"And you are beautiful and you are important."

Katsuki releases a shuddering breath. It's annoying; he's not cried over this in years so he doesn't get why he always starts to feel so emotional when Shouto pep-talks him through his insecurities.

"I'm worthy. I'm beautiful. I'm important."

"Bloody damn right, you are." Shouto shifts on the couch to face Katsuki, taking Katsuki's face in his hands. "I did everything because I wanted to, Kats. You didn't owe me anything. I'm the one who carried you out the hospital that night and told you that we were never going back. I'm the one who told you that I'd take care of us. I let you buy groceries because it made you happy. I didn't buy you a car because commuting like everyone else gave you a sense of normalcy. Everything was for you. I'd have spoiled you rotten if you'd have let me."