Chapter 9

Becky's Pov
I got out of the car. That the social worker Stephanie was driving in. I see tons of apartments. I guess this is where my adoptive family lives. I hear Stephanie tell me something.

"You will be staying with a person name Jeff. He is forty years old. He just lost his wife to cancer. He has no kids," she says to me.

Great this is where my life has come to. I think back to when my mother told me I was adopted.

*FlashBack*
"Becky can you come down stairs for a minute. I have to tell you something," said her mother.

"What mom," ask Becky as she walk towards her mother.

"There has been something that I have been hiding from you. For a really long time," her mother continued to say.

"What is it," a naive Becky ask.

"I am scared of your reaction," her mother said.

"Mom it's okay. I won't get mad," she said.

"You don't know that," her mother responded.

"Just tell me please," she said.

"Okay you are adopted," her mother said.

Becky starts laughing.

"That's really funny," Becky said while laughing.

"This is not funny sweetheart. It's the truth," her mother tried to reason with her.

Becky stopped laughing as she saw her mother being serious.

"No that can't be," she said in disbelief.

"It is the truth," her mother said.

"Can I ask you something," Becky said.

"Sure thing sweetheart," her mom replied.

"Who are my biological parents than," Becky ask.

"I have no idea," her mother answered.

"What do you mean," ask a confuse Becky.

"No one told me. When I signed the papers," her mother said.

"Oh okay. Well can I go to a party than," said Becky.

"Sure," her mother said.

"Don't worry Charlotte and Finn will be there. I will be safe. I promise," Becky told her mother.

"I would be more relieved if Seth was with you," her mother told her.

"Bye mom," answered Becky.

"Bye sweetheart," her mother replied.

*End Of Flashback*

"Becky this is Jeff. Jeff this is the girl I was talking about. Her name is Becky," said Stephanie.

"Hi," he said coldly.

"Hi," I responded.

"Well I am gonna go. Bye guys," said Stephanie.

As soon as Stephanie left. Jeff turns to Becky.

"Listen kid, here are some rules you need to follow. If you don't follow them. I will have to punish you. Got it," he said in a stern tone.

I was frightened by his harshness. I feel fearful that something bad is gonna happen to me. If I disobey him.

"Got it," I told him.

"Good," he said.

I enter his apartment. Then he continued to say, "here are the rules. Your door must be locked at all times. I will open it for you when you eat. No bringing people into this house. Don't come out of your room until I say you can. Also I pick out your clothes and you have to agree with everything I say. Got it," he said.

I gulped. I am really scared. Seth wherever you are. I hope your safe.

"Got it," I said back to him.

"Good now go to your room. I will be having guests soon. Don't come out. Until I say you can. Got it," he told me.

"Got it," I responded. With that being said, I made my way to my room. He locked the door and I gulp in fear. My stomach is growling. I don't remember the last time I ate food. I can't even go out. He locked the door. So I just lay on my bed with tears pouring down my face. Hopefully Seth has a plan.

End of this chapter. Hope you guys enjoy. Comment below your thoughts. What do you think of Jeff? Until next time. Love you all.