21. y/n needs a hug pls (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

⚠️ art credits : @/emonu_21 on twitter ⚠️

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

⚠️TW: mentions of domestic violence, attempted sexual assault,
death and suicide ⚠️

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Tell us everything Y/n. From the start. And we will listen to all of it."

"Every detail. Every moment. And we will still stay with you. Right here."

"No matter what. We will help you overcome all your fears. All the hurdles in the way."

"Anything that keeps you away from feeling the happiness that you absolutely deserve."

You shut your eyes close. Looking inside your head for all the memories you had. You took a deep breath, unsure of how to start. Then you felt a hand slowly make its way over your shoulder. You didn't need to open your eyes to know it was Suna. He lightly pressed his hand onto your skin, making you relax immediately.

"Everything was alright till I was… maybe 8-9 years old? Yeah. Me, mom and… da-dad were like any normal happy little family."

"Until one day, he started drinking more than he should. He'd return home drunk for no reason and then fight with mom over petty stuff. It escalated to domestic violence real quick. Then he dragged me into all that too. He'd hit me every night till I'd have no energy left to bear anymore, but for no fucking reason."

"Once he even tried to strangle me. I escaped his grip only after landing a punch on his throat. Later on, my mom asked me to forgive him because he was drunk at that time and all that bullshit. But still I kept forgiving him for my mom. And things went like this for next 3 years."

"Then one time when he was supposed to be at work, mom went to get some medicines for me because I was sick. He returned in the meantime, tied me to a chair and fucking carved into my skin with a knife. I would've bled to death if my mom hadn't come back running. He laughed the whole time like a maniac and left right after mom came back. He had become a torchering monster. My mom told me she'd ask him to get some medical help for his growing insanity. But that man of course didn't agree."

"But one night, he crossed his limits. He… that bastard… he fucking tried to assault me while I was asleep. I woke up to him trying to remove my clothes. I-I was so shocked for a moment. But I somehow managed to kick him in the nuts and went to mom's room. She looked so disappointed in what I told her. He followed me to the room, but that night, mom slapped him hard, for the first… and last time. He immediately fled the house in his car after that… and got into an accident."

"He died that night. I honestly didn't feel anything for him. He had lost his respect as my father a long time ago. But my mom still loved him. She used to say he loved her too, even under all of his psychopathic self. So she fell apart afterwards. Kept crying all the time, didn't touch any food. I tried comforting her, but it probably didn't mean anything to her."

"Then after almost a week, I woke up to see a note on the fridge. It was very vague and it didn't even say where she had gone. I didn't understand what was going on, until a neighbor came to the door and told me that she… she jumped off the bridge… in broad daylight… and by the time police sent divers in the river, her body was gone."

"S-she was so madly in love with that man, that she chose to kill herself over trying to live with me… I- I wasn't enough of a reason for her to keep living… I was not good enough for her. She probably died thinking I was the reason for her husband's dea-"

Before you could say anything further, the three wrapped their arms around you. You cried into their embrace until you couldn't cry anymore. They cried with you too. You even heard low voices of Sakusa sniffling. They didn't need to say anything to make you feel safe, loved and cared for. At some point, you fell asleep from all the tiredness.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

Next morning, you woke up on your bed to see your room all cleaned up. Not one stray thing was lying here or there. Everything in its right place. Then suddenly the hangover hit your head like a massive garbage truck. You clutched your face tight in pain.

"What do hangovers feel like?" You heard Suna's voice. You looked up to see him standing by the doorframe. "Pretty hangover-ish. Never really felt anything else like this." You replied, groaning.

He walked towards you. "Come on, freshen up quickly. We'll help you get rid of that nasty feeling afterwards." He said, offering you his hand to help you get up.

You didn't trust yourself with that horrible headache paired with a broken ankle. So you took his hand, slowly got up but still almost tripped. He walked you to the washbasin in your bathroom and left with a smile.

After drinking whatever the hell those three gave you, you felt your headache slowly wear off. You swore to yourself on never getting drunk again.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

You smiled to yourself as you saw the three boys talking about a new volleyball move they would try while making breakfast.

You just knew that today will remain as one of the happiest days in your whole life. For starters, you already felt a lot of emotional burden lift off your shoulders. Your heart felt a lot less polluted. You understood that sharing your pain actually helps if it's done with the right people. And also realized that everything which goes down is not always your fault.

Then you suddenly thought of Sakusa. Although he wasn't physically present yesterday night, you still felt thankful towards him just as you did towards the three, for lending his ear.

The least I can do is text him.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

══════*.·✾·.✧ ✦ ✧.·✾·.*══════ 
Author's Note~

another late update because i have exams coming aaaaaah (╥﹏╥) and it will remain slow until mid-feb or so- pls try to bear with
me (。ノω\。)

and stop blaming yourself for all the bad stuff. it's gonna be alright (っ˘з(˘⌣˘ )
══════*.·✾·.✧ ✦ ✧.·✾·.*══════