15. itachiyama team go brrr 〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜

⚠️ art credits : @/brbrunk_2 on twitter ⚠️
࿐ ࿔*:・゚
⚠️TW: slight mention of death ⚠️

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

After the practice match, the guys showered and then gathered in the cafeteria for lunch. Literally no one was surprised when Sakusa sat with his best friend from the opponent team, maybe except for Kairi.

Everyone knew Sakusa wasn't the type of person to be close to many. In fact, his whole team was kind of intimidated by the reality of how less they knew about their ace. But they knew better than to force any kind of friendship on him. He was painfully curt. 

Sakusa, the Miya twins and Suna sat on one table. Sakusa just eyed Atsumu until he remembered about their unfinished conversation. "So… what I was sayin' at that time was that she didn't come because both of her parents' death anniversary falls this week." Atsumu started, looking down at his food.

Both Sakusa and Suna choked on their water for different reasons. Suna didn't understand why would Atsumu start a conversation just like that and why would he tell someone such personal information about you without consent. Sakusa felt horrible. Very horrible. He was reminded of all the times he could have picked up the hints about this. 

He remembered how you had casually said that you didn't even have a household, or how you told him that you didn't have any happy memories in your house or how you were screaming out for your mom to not leave you alone unconsciously, in a nightmare. 

Sakusa was brought back to reality when Suna scolded Atsumu, "What the hell do you think you are telling him?" "Don't worry, she herself told us it was okay to tell him. We had a conversation on this." Osamu defended Atsumu for probably the first time in his life. Suna was not convinced but he knew they wouldn't joke about this topic so he silently agreed.

Sakusa couldn't bring himself to say anything. They just started eating silently. Then Atsumu's phone buzzed, to which he quickly paid attention. After what seemed like him sending a message, Suna asked, "Is it her?" Atsumu nodded. "Yeah. She said she woke up an hour ago and is now goin' to visit her father's grave for some small ritual." He told, a sorrowful look apparent on his face. 

"Ah yes, 17 it was… And her mother's? 23rd?" Suna asked without making any eye contact. Osamu nodded.

"Who does she live with?" Sakusa asked after a while. "Her grandma." Atsumu replied as he almost finished his plate. "Is she not there currently or something?" He asked, remembering that night when you were out late at night. 

"Yeah, her grandma is at her grandpa's for a while. Although I am surprised she'd tell you that." Atsumu answered, leaning back in his chair. "No she didn't. I just picked it up from something else." Sakusa responded, still looking a little lost. 

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

The Inarizaki boys were left on their own accord after the morning practice for the day. After lunch, Itachiyama's team was dismissed but the ace stayed and no one had the guts to question it. Komori wanted to stay too, but Sakusa heavily refused. 

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

After a short power nap which turned into a full 3 hour sleep, everyone woke up. The Miya twins, Suna and Sakusa decided to go outside in the ground for a little walk. The sun had not set just yet.

On the way, Atsumu kept on checking his phone for every single notification he got. "She didn't message?" Osamu asked. "No…" Atsumu replied with a frown. "Did you actually tell her to message you about literally everything she is doing?" Suna asked in an unapproving tone. 

"Yeah well... I can't trust her at all durin' this week. All alone she is as good as a lost child. It might come off as rude but it's true." He answered with an even deeper frown. "Maybe she is just sleepin'?" Osamu thought aloud. "I wouldn't think so…" Sakusa mumbled. "And what might be the reason?" Suna eyed him. He didn't really like how Sakusa talked about you like he knew you so well. 

"I can't really explain that. It's just what I think." Sakusa replied, looking back at Suna. He didn't want to say something like 'because she tends to have bad dreams in her sleeps and hallucinations afterwards'. He wondered if they even knew that she had such nightmares.

Everyone suddenly halted when Atsumu's phone rang. He quickly picked it up and did a bad job of trying not to scream, "Oi Y/n, where were ya?" Sakusa wondered who he was talking to. Osamu quietly signalled his twin to put the phone on speaker. Atsumu did.

Sakusa's eyes widened when he realized who Y/n was. He then frowned at himself when it hit him that he didn't know your name until now. Though it wasn't his fault in any way. It was you who didn't tell him.

"Just at my house. How was practice?" The boys heard your voice. "Oh? Then why weren't you replyin' to texts or calls?" Atsumu asked. 

Y/n: Oh, I was trying to cook food.

Suna: And who do you expect to believe that?

Y/n: Oh god, stop exposing me like that Suna.

Osamu: Yer clearly not in your house. I can hear vehicles nearby.

Y/n: Tsumu! Just tell me in advance who else is going to come at me now. I called you or the whole team?

Astumu: Don't worry. It's not the whole team, just me, Samu, Suna and Omi Omi-kun.

Y/n: Huh? Omi…? Oh you mean Sakusa? Uh- san… I mean Sakusa-san? No- I mean Itachiyama's ace?

Atsumu: Damn. Chill. Yeah it's him. Now tell me where ya at? And don't beat around the bush.

Y/n: F-for some reason my internet is not w-working. And I d-don't want to ask any random p-person. So I called you.

Atsumu: Wait, what do ya mean? What do you not want to ask any stranger? Why are ya stuttering?

Y/n: Y-yeah about that. Can you t-tell me which is the second nearest hospital from my house?

Atsumu: Why the second nearest? AND WAIT- WHAT? A HOSPITAL? WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

══════*.·✾·.✧ ✦ ✧.·✾·.*══════
Author's Note~

hehe yes, authors just really enjoy eaving
their readers on cliffhangers (◡ ω ◡)

uhh and i omitted the '(name) said'
in between the phone conversation, as it seems boring to read the same thing again and again. well honestly am actually just
very uncreative and bad at writing that
kind of stuff (-_-;)

also drink water regularly and please stay hydrated ♪~(´ε` )
══════*.·✾·.✧ ✦ ✧.·✾·.*══════