"And you know why," I snickered. "Cross breeding between us two? They'll be damned before anything else. Everyone is going to want to kill them from both sides. Dove isn't my type either."

"I didn't ask about that, did I?" he asked smugly before cocking his head to the side. "Speaking of which, where's the main spotlight of the year? I haven't seen her since even at breakfast."

 "Last I've seen her, Anastasia had fetched the maids to bring breakfast to Dove's room," I recalled. I also had to resist the urge to check on the cameras like an obsessed maniac. I didn't even know why I was enthralled with watching her. "Then an hour in, Aleksei was dragged in there by Ana as well."

When Dove came home last night like she was letting her guard down, she looked different. Like she was starting to come around. Aleksei was at her side, laughing along with Anastasia. The sight angered me, though I blamed it to be because they had gotten home later than I wanted. It had to be.

"Seems she's taken a liking to her, along with Aleksei," Timor said casually. He was always the type to observe and be able to read my mind. We grew up like siblings so I wasn't too shocked.

"Mm, that so?" I mumbled, checking my phone that we had to leave now if we  wanted to make it in time. "You have your gun?"

"Yep," he answered, flashing me that it was tucked into the side of his pants. "Can't ever be too careful who could try sneaking into the biggest event that's going to rock the history of our generations. How long do—"

"We're ready!" Anastasia cried soon as I opened the door to walk a few feet across to Dove's room. She was standing in a long black gown that clung to her body like a second later. In a round long diamond necklace with a blue sapphire teardrop in the middle, it balanced her outfit well. Her hair was pulled into a bun with a diamond clip holding everything in place. It was a mix of elegance, classy, and playfulness that she strived for always. She grinned at us and nodded. "Nice, I'm glad you're both able to dress well without my assistance."

"Speak of the devil, and it'll appear," Timor mumbled loud enough for her to hear.

Crossing her arms, she huffed loudly. "Who the hell are you calling the devil?"

"Nah, you're not the devil, Ana, maybe Satan," Aleksei said from behind her. His hair was clicked back by what I deemed to probably be an absurd amount of hair gel done by Anastasia. In a light grey suit and dark blue tie that I was sure was the one he wore from last year, it fit his frame slightly well. He had gotten broader since last year, but I guess he didn't care to get it tailored this year.

"Almost thought your sister ripped off your balls while she was prepping your ass," Timor jokes, clasping their hands together.

"Haha hilarious," Aleksei said, deadpanned before his attention drifted to me. "We're ready to go when you are."

 "Where's Dove?"

 "She said she's doing last minute arrangements, but I think she's just shy and hiding in her room till the last possible second when she should be showing off because she looked absolutely beautiful, jaw dropping, and sexy," Anastasia said, shaking her head in dismay before her eyes widened. "Oh shit, I forgot my purse in my room."

"Should I get Dove while you get your purse?" Aleksei offered rather too enthusiastically.

"I'll get her," I grounded out slowly to everyone's surprise. "You all can accompany Ana to get her purse, and I'll meet you in the car. You all can decide who's riding with who."

"I can ride with Dove," Aleksei volunteered without a second thought. Again, I felt myself tensing by how eager he sounded. Timor and Anastasia stared at one another briefly before training their eyes onto me. Timor cleared his throat, his gaze narrowed.