29.

MISUMI SHINYYA

Telling Rin about everything or even just a part of it would mean dragging him into this mess. Heck, befriending him even from the start was enough — I shouldn't have dated him, no matter how much I like him. And not only does this mess consists of emotional trauma and nightmares, but it could also risk his life.

Guilt was all I felt; afterall, Rin did everything for me and all he asked was for me to open up to him. But it scared me, everything about it scared me and at the moment I was having doubts since then. The look of disappointment and frustration in his face just awhile ago was all because of me. Just because I kept pushing him away for the sake of both of our own good.

I sniffled silently, looking up from my palms to see Atsumu leaning on the closet as he crossed his arms, closing his eyes like he was deep in thought.

"Sorry." He mumbled. "I let it slip."

I nodded. "It's fine."

No, it's not. Mentioning death was fine but the other was different.

"Ya should tell him. He cares about ya alot and that's rare of him."

"At first, 'Tsum...I don't want to." I scoffed, frowning as the bed sunk due to Atsumu's weight who then sat beside me. "I'm afraid that he'll leave me."

"That's what yer worried about?" He knitted his brows. "You know he won't—"

"I'm...g-gonna break up with him."

"What?"

I nodded, clutching the left part of my chest to feel my heart stinging in pain. Bringing Suna into my life will only danger his and I don't want that to happen, especially not to someone I love. Atsumu and Osamu also shouldn't stick with me either, they have a life to live as famous highschool volleyball players.

But still, they chose to be with me, like they promised back when we were eleven years ago.

And Hina-san, even though she knew of our family history, she still served me till this day and acted like the mother I once have.

"How nostalgic..."

"Hm?"

"Ah, nothing..." I chuckled, rubbing my nape nervously. As I turn to Atsumu, he gave me a sad smile as if he read my thoughts. I let out a heavy sigh and leaned my forehead on his broad shoulders, feeling another tear slip out of my eye.

"So you're really serious huh?" The blonde twin muttered.

"Yeah."

"But would he want to?"

"I'll...tell him, hopefully to make him break up with me."

"But what if it's the opposite? What if it gives Suna all the more reason to stay?"

Gives him more reason to stay? I knitted my eyebrows in confusion and lifted my head to meet Atsumu's concerned, dark-brown eyes.

"That's not possible." I muttered.

"That's possible with 'Samu and I." Atsumu grinned. "But anyhow, Shin-chan, whatever your decision is, as long as you're safe, I'll support you."