"It's just what Tae said... that Suga might still be watching us. What if we do something that will draw him out?"

Namjoon snorted. "Like what? Fake a fight? He's never interfered with that before. You and Jimin had been at it since the get go and Suga never showed up."

"Maybe something more drastic?" Jin suggested and at that, Hoseok's face lit up.
"Yeah. Like fainting or something. Can't be so hard, right Jimin-ah?"
"Ha Ha, very funny, but I didn't fake it and it wasn't fun." 

"Are you sure, guys?" Tae said from his place on the floor, his lips drawn into a pout.
"It seems a little mean, don't you think? What if he gets really worried?"

"That's the point!" Jimin let out, speaking his mind freely. "Maybe he'll finally be brave enough to reveal himself."

"But bab-"Tae glanced to the left where he met Jungkook's narrowed eyes through the screen, then turned red and gulped hard.
"Sorry. I mean Jimin. What if Suga doesn't want to be revealed? We should leave the decision up to him."

"No." 

All their heads snapped to Hoseok, who looked deep in thoughts. When he became aware of the attention on him, he blushed a little, then leaned back and let out: 

"I wont tell you everything he told me and entrusted me with, but I'm sure about one thing. Suga might think he wants to be alone- that he's better of that way, but I know he's lonely."

He sighed and lowered his head, his shoulders dropping with sadness- but not for himself.

"He barely every laughed when we started talking. And his voice was always rough, like he didn't use it much at all. His stories were always heartwarming and full of hope, but I heard the despair when he told them- almost like he longed for someone to care and look after him. I don't know why he's so reluctant to show himself. Maybe he really is shy. But he's also lonely. And I think the least we can do for him is show him that he no longer has to be."

Even Tae started nodding. "Well, maybe then it's all right... No one should feel lonely. And we can all be friends together!" 

He beamed up at them and immediately, all their worries fell away. Taehyung just had that effect on people. 
"Okay!" Hoseok yelled excitedly, jumping up from the sofa,
"I'll do it then. And you all have to play along, all right?"

They all agreed, hatching their plan. 

______________________________

Yoongi dragged his way to school. 

He didn't know why he even bothered anymore. He glanced down at his phone for the millionth time today. Hoseok had been calling all week and another anonymous number as well. He guessed it was one of the boys, trying their luck. 

But Yoongi had let them ring, his heart aching every time and then even more so as the silence fell in his tiny apartment. Always this silence since he no longer got to talk to Hoseok. 
They didn't need him anymore.
It was better this way. 
He did it.
He made them open up to each other and now everything would fall into place.
Without him. 

And yet why was he hurting when he saw no missed calls? No texts either. 
And worst of all, he had to see them today, happy, smiling again.
It's what he wanted, but it still pained him nonetheless. 

He walked through the halls, unseen as usual.
People rushed past him, bumping into him without apologizing.
He heard his laugh before he saw him. 

"Yah! Jungkook-ah. Stop being such a wuss. Everything will be fine. "

That voice. 
He lowered his head as he passed them- all of them gathered around the youngest's locker. 
They didn't see him.
They didn't turn and no one called out his name. 

But his sunshine's laugh followed him all the way to the classroom.
Of course he was- they were in the same class after all.
So close yet worlds apart.