Bucky Barnes

This is my first song fic. The song is Driver's license by Olivia Rodrigo.
Request for CraycraytheBean Hope you like it Beans.

Male reader
Words: 844

Warning: you might get in the feels. I do advise grabbing some tissues. A lot of them.
Y/n's POV

I got my driver's license last week
Just like we always talked about

Laughter. Cheerfulness. Happiness. The feeling of pure bliss.

Cause you were so excited for me
To finally drive up to your house

I can't remember the last time I've ever experienced such things.

I thought you were different. That you were just like me. That you of all people would understand me.

But today I drove through the suburbs
Crying 'cause you weren't around

But I was wrong. So VERY wrong.

And you're probably with that blonde guy
Who always made me doubt

I don't know why I thought I could compete with him. After all, it's not like I was there for you after you escaped from HYDRA or anything. Or it's not like I stayed by your side in Wakanda when you went through your procedures. And it's not like I was there for you at night when you had your nightmares. Oh wait. I was. But it wasn't enough, was it?

He's so much older than me
He's everything I'm insecure about

He's bigger than me. Braver than me. Stronger than me. Probably smarter than me too.

But I thought all that didn't matter. I thought you would see that I was trying my best and be there for me like how I was there for you.

Yeah, today I drove through the suburbs
'Cause how could I ever love someone else?

No matter how much I try. I can't get you out of my head.

And I know we weren't perfect, but I've never felt this way for no one.

You have your flaws and I have mine. We both went through our fair share of struggles. To say they were struggles would be putting it mildly. It was like hell. But we had each other. You had me. And I had you.

But that day. That very gloomy day. You took everything we had and burned it. In one day. You decided that you didn't want me and instead went to someone else. You went to Steve. And left me. Alone.

And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone.

With him you're so full of life. Bursting with energy. You're doing things that you'd only do with me. While I'm stuck with this empty void that I can't seem to fill. No matter how hard I try. My world has lost all color. Everything in shades of gray.

Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me.

Did all of the memories we made mean nothing to you? Or were you just using me the whole time. The times we spilled our guts to each other. Laughed with each other. Cried with each other. Or just stayed in a comfortable silence and enjoyed each other's presence.

Was it all just a time passer for you? Because it sure as hell wasn't just a time passer for me. I loved you. And I still do. But you don't love me. So I need to move on.

I went through everything that had us together on it. I deleted all of the pictures on my phone. I burned everything you gave me. Every scrap of paper that had your face or your name on, I burned.

But that wasn't enough. I had to get far away from here and far away from you. Even if it meant burning my entire house to the ground. Everything here reminded me of you. And if I stayed any longer I would've been driven to insanity.

So I did just that. I covered my bed room in every chemical and flammable substance I could find, and lit it on fire. Within minutes the entire house was in flames. But I didn't care. Because everything I once was left when you did.

Burn baby burn.
Athena: stop making jokes. This is supposed to be sad. You're ruining the mood.
Sowy.

I booked a one way ticket to Japan. Flew away. Never turning back. And never being the same again.

Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street

After all. You had the key to my heart. A key that I thought was unbreakable. But you. James Buchanan Barnes proved me wrong. And you. James Buchanan Barnes took your metal arm, and completely destroyed that key. A key that can't be remade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew. That was rough. Did y'all like it? Cuz I had a lot of fun writing it.

Also, I just had the best idea for another song fic that imma most likely publish later on during the day.

Requests are still open so feel free to DM me if you have any:

ATLA

RWBY

Marvel

Food Wars

Haikyuu

PJO/ HOO

~ Mwah 😘
Shelby Alana ✨💅🏽