Perry Johanssan Part 1

1105 words.
Gender neutral! reader insert
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n POV

Ever since the day I turned 12, weird things have been happening to and around me. Shadows have been gravitating towards me and it was like I could talk to them. I also noticed that at night, I could feel myself getting stronger. It was like an overwhelming sense power that only flowed into me at night. And disappeared when I woke up in the morning.

You may be wondering if I've told anyone about this. The answer is no. Who would believe me anyway? Nobody. That's who. Not my best friends, Percy and Grover, not my teachers, not my parents, and not Ms Jackson. Nobody. They would think I was crazy and I don't need to be bullied any more than I already am.

At least that's what I thought.

Everything changed (when the fire nation attacked. Ok I'll stop. Sorry.) in one day. That's all it took.

In that one day my best friend blew up a toilet, fought some winged monster, my dad disappeared, I almost died countless times, the only mother figure in my life got taken away from me, and I found out that I was supposedly a demigod. Not just any demigod. The child of Hades. I already got bullied in the normal world. And now I'm going to be bullied for being a forbidden child of the god of death.

Fortunately, I still have Percy. Percy is my best friend and we have been best friends since...well...forever. And, don't tell him I said this, but I've had a crush on him for a long time. His goofy smile is contagious and I could stare into his sea green eyes all day. Not only that, but I loved being around him and everything about him. I guess you could say that I fell for him and I fell HARD.

Thanks to the quests we went on and saving the world multiple times I've made friends and couldn't be happier. On top of that, Percy asked me to be his s/o after our fight with Kronos. Things were certainly looking up for me.

At least. That's what everyone thought. Just as it started looking up for me, things took a turn for the worst.

Ever since the battle with Kronos and his army, my powers have been getting stronger and more out of control. My dad said that he didn't know what was causing this to happen which caused me to worry. Scratch that. To say I was worried would be an understatement. I was petrified. Which, of course, only made things worse.

I immediately went to Percy because he was one of the only people I could count on (along with my half brother Nico), as I had done many times in the past.

I burst out of my cabin and ran to Percy's where I thought he would be. After knocking and waiting for a while, I let myself in to find an empty cabin. The smell of the sea hit my nose and the fountain in the corner continued to glisten, but Percy was nowhere in sight. I thought nothing of it and ran around camp asking around if anybody had seen him but to no avail. Nobody knew where he went and nobody knew how long he was gone. They all assumed he was with me. But I was in my cabin talking to my dad.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the screams of campers who were being attacked by skeletons that I must've accidentally summoned. I had to calm down. He's got to be somewhere. Right? I need to get to the Big House as soon as possible.

Percy Jackson was...gone (or *ahem* when I needed him the most...he ✨𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓭✨. OK. OK. I'll stop fr this time. ᴺᵒ ʷᵒⁿ' ˡᵒˡ. )

As soon as I burst through the door, Chiron knew something was wrong. My once (e/c) were now silver with dark purple streaks indicating that I was both stressed and scared. (I forgot to mention that your eyes change color depending on your negative emotions specifically.)

"What's wrong child?" Chiron asked with worry lacing his voice.

"What is it now, (a/y/n)*?" Mr D asked with an annoyed tone.

"Percy's missing. Like actually gone." I said trying to sound as calm as possible with skeletons continuing to pop up out of nowhere. "I looked everywhere and I can't find him. Nobody's seen him either."

"Calm down. I'm sure he must be somewhere. He couldn't have disappeared into thin air." Chiron said in an attempt to get me to calm down.

Weeeeeelllll... shhhh. Ok fine.

"Yea. I guess you're right." I replied while leaving.

I didn't make it very far when I was bombarded with questions by one of my best friends Clarisse. Yes you read that right. Clarisse La Rue is one my best friends.

"(N/N) WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO??! WHY WERE THERE SKELETONS EVERYWHERE??! WHY WERE YOU RUNNING??! WHY ARE YOUR EYES LIKE THAT??! WHO'S STRESSING YOU??! DO I NEED TO BEAT THEM UP??! IS IT PERCY??!"

At the mention of his name I almost broke down crying. But I couldn't cry. At least not with everybody around.

"Clarisse calm down and stop yelling. I'll tell you everything soon. Just come with me. And the skeletons part... I'm so sorry."

"Fine." She responded. "But if Percy did anything to hurt you I swear to the gods I will kill him."

As soon as we got to cabin 13 and closed the door I broke down crying. I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I told her everything. About my powers, my talk with my dad, Percy, everything. I was stressed beyond all measure and the one person I needed was gone.

"Hey" she said in a surprisingly soothing tone. "I'm not good with this emotional stuff. But I know that it takes a lot to make you this stressed and that we will find Percy."

Just as I was about to say something, the cabin door burst open making me jump and summon a skeleton. There stood a very out breath Annabeth who looked like she'd been running all over camp.

"(N/n). Oracle. Quest." She said in between breaths. "Wait. What's wrong?"

I then told Annabeth everything before we started our long journey to finding the missing Percy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* alternate name. Since we all know that Mr D rarely calls campers by their actual names.

I'm sorry I'm going to split this into parts. It's already over 1000 words and I'm barely half way there. Don't worry though. By the time I publish this the entire plot would've been completed.

𝑴𝒘𝒂𝒉 😘✨
   ~ 𝑨𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏𝒂 💅🏽