8.

Over the next couple of weeks, Riley seemingly went back to normal, attending his job at the studio, needing to be rebuilt, tending his wife and child and regularly visiting Huey. But, really he was just waiting for Huey to wake up, he couldn't do this without him.

He's also been working with a unlikely ally, Crazy eyes. He has been paying her small amounts of money every week to stay in WoodCrest, if he was going to kill Cindy and her father he was going to need a little help. He also brought Gangstalicious in on the plan with, and he happily joined thinking it'd be a great story to tell on his album. 

Everything was setting in motion, one thing to had to happen though. Huey had to wake up.

One morning, Riley woke up on side of Cindy. He cracked open his eyes and she was asleep. He sighed in relief and slowly slipped out of the bed, placing some slippers on and slipping quietly out of the room. He closed the door behind him. He went to make himself some food but he heard the house phone ringing. He tip-toed over to the phone, answering it.

"Hello?" Riley said.

"Hello this is Dr. Chaplain, and I have some great news! Your brother woke up last night and we didn't want to disturb you. He's been eating well and he even got out of bed, against our wishes and used the bathroom. I think he may be healed up, but it might be a little longer before he's able to fully go home." 

Riley was excited. "Um... I don't quite know what to say... I'll be up there in the couple minutes." He said.

He didn't even give the doctor enough time to respond as he hung up the phone and ran back upstairs and went into the room. He quickly got dressed and didn't care if he woke up Cindy. But, then it came to him. What was she going to do if she found out Huey didn't die? Would she call another favor in with her father and try to get him killed? Maybe him staying the hospital a little longer was a good idea.

This thought made him slow down. Finally, he got dressed and left the house. He was excited to see his brother. He hadn't seen him awake since that fateful day at the Lucky's bar. Which has now been classified as the Lucky's massacre by the news. They haven't found any leads because of Crazy eye's lie.

...

Finally, Riley pulled up to the hospital and quickly went up to room 134. He went inside and surely enough Huey was right there, watching tv. Huey turned to Riley and flicked his chin. "What's up!" Riley said, walking up to the side of the bed.

"Nothing, except being stuck in this bed. They won't let me leave." Huey said.

Riley shook his head. "You don't need to leave, Huey. The best place right now is right here on this bed." He said.

"I have something to tell you too, Huey." Riley said, looking at his feet.

Huey shook his head. "Your wife has been betraying you for years." He said.

Riley raised his eyebrow and gave Huey a weird look. "How do you know?" He asked, confused.

"I didn't know if it was true or not, but... I spoke with Granddad while I was out in wherever I was... He told me how he was doing and how he was watching us. It looked like it was heaven he was in but I couldn't be too sure. I spoke with our mother as well. And Jonathan... It sounds crazy now but it felt so real... So right." Huey said, reminiscing. 

Riley took a seat, honestly thinking about life beyond earth for a moment. "Well..." Riley cleared his throat. "What I wanted to speak with you involves the death of Cindy. She's been betraying me all these years, getting on phone calls with her pumped up ass father and beating me. Every time I didn't listen to her, something always seemed to go wrong. It seems right now. And from what I heard, she tried to get you killed. She has TO go." Riley said, talking with pure hatred.