Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

"Ugh, are they kissing?" Isaac asked. "Everybody's getting action but me."

"Sucks to suck." I teased, earning a sarcastic laugh from him. We started heading toward them. We had almost reached them when I noticed Liam came running up to the pair from the opposite side. Malia quickly slammed him to the ground. We were close enough to hear him declare that Scott was in trouble.

"What?" Stiles asked. Liam explained from what he overheard at the hospital. We looked at each other in worry. The phones were still down so there was no way to call him.

"He should be here by now. Can you guys hear anything, smell him out?" Stiles asked looking at the were-creatures.

"I can't hear anything over the rain," Malia confessed.

"The rain is messing with scents too," Isaac added.

"I'll try and see if I can feel his emotions," I said, closing my eyes. Tracking his emotions was going to be difficult. I still wasn't the best at it, plus with all the extra emotions from the seniors at the school. I took a deep breath and let my inner phoenix power out. A wave of emotions hit me. I felt mostly joy, excitement, and some anxiety.

"Anything?" Isaac asked.

"Hold on. There's a lot of emotions to sift through." I replied. I was then hit with a familiar wave of anger and confusion. I knew then it was from Scott and Kira. The emotional signature was unique to them. I felt it coming from the other side of the school in the tunnel, near the lacrosse field. I replayed the information to my comrades. We ran together to the locations.

When we got to the tunnel there was a huge guy was standing over Scott, his claws deeply inserted in his side. Kira and someone I didn't recognize laying on the ground. Liam let out a snarl, his eyes shining gold. I let my flames cover my body, ready to attack. Before I could, Scott stood and broke the arm of the man and pulled the claws out of his body.

"I don't know who you are or what you thought you were going to do, but I'll give you a choice," Scott said, now standing over the man. "You can stay and I'll break something else. Or you can run." The man looked back toward us.

"I'd run." Stiles offered. The man got up, hobbling away, holding his hand to his chest. Scott and Kira made their way toward us. We all turned and looked at the kid who seemed to try and help Scott. He smirked and looked at us.

"You don't remember me, do you?" He asked. I looked at Scott who didn't seem to have a clue. "I guess I look a little different since the fourth grade."

"Theo?" Scott asked.

"You know him?" Malia asked.

"They used to." The Theo kid answered. "Trust me, I never thought I'd see you guys again. A couple of months ago, I heard of an Alpha in Beacon Hills. When I found out his name was Scott McCall, just couldn't believe it. Not just an Alpha, but a True Alpha."

"What do you want?" Scott asked slowly.

"I came back to Beacon Hills. Back home with my family. Because I want to be a part of your pack." Theo said. Part of our what now? Scott looked conflicted on what to say.

"Well, it was nice to meet you Theo, but we actually have somewhere to be. Your application has been noted and we'll get back to you in 3 to 5 business days." I said stepping forward with a sarcastic smile. I grabbed Scott's arm and pulling him toward the exit of the tunnel. "Let's go."

Scott came willingly and everyone followed closely behind, leaving the other werewolf behind. There was something about him that I don't trust. I wasn't sure. Maybe it was how he was looking at Scott, but I didn't like it. We started toward the school, and I turned to look at Laim.

"Head home, kid. We're good here." I told him.

"I'm not that much younger than you. Stop calling me kid." He pouted.

"Liam, go." Scott said. The younger kid nodded, walking away from us. At least he listens to someone.

"Please keep your clothes on this time." Isaac called out to his retreating figure. I laughed and Liam grumbled something but kept walking. Liam running naked through Beacon Hills last full moon was not something any of us wanted a repeat of. It was hard to control him. We had to corner him with some Argent flash arrows I found left over in some of the stuff I still had from Allison.

"We haven't seen this kid in years. You don't find that highly suspicious?" Stiles asked Scott as we entered the school doors.

"I'm kind of more concerned about the guy who just tried to kill me." Scott said. A phone buzzed and we all turned to look at Malia. Phones were back working obviously.

"I'm in. I passed." Malia said looking up from her phone. I smiled at her. Those late night study sessions over the summer really worked. "I'm officially a senior."

"Thank God." Lydia said, walking up to us. "Where have you guys been? The whole senior class is here. Are we doing this or not?" The seven of us walked together toward the library. Isaac put his arm around my shoulder and I smiled up at him. I never thought I'd get this far in life. I never expected to make it to my senior year. I definitely didn't expect to have friends like this. Friends that were like family.

When it was our turn to scribe our names on the library shelf, Stiles went first. He handed the marker to Lydia who signed her initials then to Kira.

"This isn't vandalism, is it?" Kira asked Lydia.

"Not technically." Lydia replied, stepping to the side. Kira signed and handed the marker to Malia. I watched as she struggled to pick an initial for her last name. Tate or Hale. I saw a hint of a smile on her face as she chose T. Isaac was next, to which he wrote his initials. He handed me the marker. I wrote 'M&M' so I could forever me memorialized as the girl with the same name as a candy. I then handed the marker to my brother.

He wrote his initials and then added 'AA' under it for Allison. I grabbed Isaac's hand. He gave me a small, sad smile. Scott passed off the marker and turned around wrapped his arm around Kira.

"She would have been with us." Stiles said.

"Yeah."Scott replied quietly. I smiled at him. I'm glad she was also added to the bookcase.

"She still is." Lydia added.

"You're damn right." I confirmed, looking at the initlas on the bookcase. Isaac squeezed my hand, and put his arm around my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around his waist to give him a side hug.

"Okay, let's get out of here before someone starts crying." He said, bumping me with his hip.

"Oh, shut up. You know I'm an emotional bitch. Let me live my life." I said, bumping his hip back. We walked out of the library together. This is gonna be a good year.

--------------------------

What do you guys think of this relationship for Mac? I still need a ship name. Hmmm... maybe Mrett or Brac. Maybe even Brackinzy? Give me some suggestions in the comments.

Hello, yes. I'm publishing this on March 3rd. Which happens to be my birthday. So a present to myself, and you guys as well. Happy birthday to me!

Do me a favor and leave your favorite part of the story or Bastard Child series so far in the comments. Tell me what you either think is going to happen or want to happens. Who should Mac's endgame be? I absolutely love comments and every single one is appreciated.

Let me know what you think?

1982 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.