XV - The Casual Dinner Conversation

The next day, Pansy and Draco were settled into their train compartment for the ride to Platform 9¾ for the holidays, and the buzz in the room was a mix between nervousness and excitement.

"Here, lemme get that for you." Draco said as he hoisted Pansy's trunk along with his own up onto the shelf in their compartment.

They had fun on the ride, as they always did when in each other's company.

"What do you want for Christmas?" Draco asked her.

"Hmmmm..." she pondered. "I think a nice cozy hoodie would be nice."

"A respectable choice," he replied. "But don't you already have tons?"

"I do not have tons!" she said as she defiantly stuck her hands in the pockets of the one she had on. "And even if I did, a person can never have too many hoodies."

"Eh, that's fair." he decided.

"How about you, what do you want for Christmas?" she asked. 

"Well, I-"

"Actually no, you don't get a say," she interrupted. "I'm going to get you a new pair of shoes that aren't ugly like the ones you always wear." she teased. "There ya go, something nice and useful!"

He smirked and rolled his eyes. "You'll never move on from that, will you?"

"Never." 

They also enjoyed watching snow flurries fall through through the cold window and onto the green rolling hills, and made a game out of drawing pictures in the condensation. 

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" said the little old lady selling food on the train as she passed by.

"Now seems like a good time for lunch right?" Draco said.

"Sounds good!" Pansy said as she quickly wiped a way a crude and... anatomical drawing she'd been working on.

Draco stood up and counted coins from his pocket. "I'll take two tuna sandwhiches, please-"

"Ew, no!" Pansy interrupted, snottily crossing her arms. "Fish sandwhiches are gross!" 

He rolled his eyes. "Alright then, two roast beef sandwiches."

"That'll be fourteen sickles," said the Trolley Lady as she handed him the food.

He plopped a galleon in her hand and passed Pansy's lunch to her. 

"So," he said, sitting down across from her. "Are you excited to meet my father today, or what?"

She didn't smile and suddenly grew quiet. 

"Oh come on, I was being sarcastic," he explained to her.

"Draco... I don't know if this is such a good idea after all..." she bit her lip and said hesitantly. 

"What do you mean? It's Christmas and we're spending it together," he said.

"No, no, I get that." she said dissmissively. "But what if something bad happens?"

"Like what?" he frowned. "What do you think is going to happen?"

She rolled her eyes. "Don't pretend to be naïve. Your dad is known to be... aggressive, to say the least. And if he gets violent, it'll be just you and me against him, since your mother and your other relatives won't be there,"

"Well... maybe we could just fight him off?"

"Are you serious right now?" she exclaimed hysterically. "Two teenagers against a fully-trained and fully-grown wizard?? I don't know about you, but those don't sound like great odds to me!"