Episode 28

excuse mistakes

Kambree Jalaya Nixon
Age : 15
Houston, Texas

"Bye friend, I'll see you tomorrow." I whispered to Nyla.

"Okay." She nodded.

I watched as her and Reagan pulled off and then pulled my key out to the house.

I was a little nervous because my mom hasn't been responding to my texts since I left.

As soon as I stepped in I was slapped to the ground.

"YOU SNUCK OUT THE HOUSE WITH THAT GIRL, DIDN'T YOU?" My dad yelled.

I held my face and cried. "I-I was at the gym."

"WHERE'S THE GYM BAG?" He yelled.

I didn't think of that part so I thought of the next best thing to say. "I-I left it here earlier, I borrowed clothes from my coach."

He evilly chuckled and grabbed the baseball bat. "Stand up."

I quickly shook my head. "P-Please dad, I'm sorry."

"STAND UP KAMBREE!" He shouted.

I shook my head again which ticked him off. He forcefully grabbed me by my hair and dragged me all the way into to the kitchen.

"LET GO!" I cried.

After he aggressively pushed me against the wall he flickered the light on. As soon as my eyes focused, my heart dropped.

"MOMMY!" I yelled trying to get to her.

She was tied up to a chair with a piece of tape over her mouth. Her hair was all messy and she had dried up blood all over her face. Her eye was swollen shut and her head hung low.

"I TOLD YALL TO STOP DISOBEYING ME!" My dad shouted.

I tried to run to my mom again but he swung the bat and hit me in the stomach. "AHHHHH."

"STAY YOUR ASS STILL!" He yelled.

My mom started squirming around trying to break free from her hold.

I crocuched my stomach trying to bare the pain. "M-Mom."

"I RUN THIS HOUSE , I RUN BOTH OF YOU, WHAT I SAY GOES, I BETTER NOT EVER SEE YOU WITH THAT GIRL AGAIN. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

I shook my head and started coughing. I looked beside me to see blood.

He swung the bat again and it landed in the same spot as the first time.

I bursted into a fit of coughing. "S-Stop please!"

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?" He asked.

"S-She's my friend." I cried.

"NO SHE'S NOT, I'M YOUR ONLY FRIEND." He screamed.

"If you don't stop being friends with her, I'll handle you myself." He chuckled dropping the bat and walking away.

I continued crying holding my stomach trying to stand up. It hurted for me to move, and to breathe but I needed to make sure my mom was okay.

I forced myself to my knees and crawled over to her. "Mommy are you okay?"

"Mmmmm mmmm." She muffled.

I carefully removed the tape from her mouth and untied her arms.

"Kambree I-I'm so sorry." She cried hugging me.

"W-When can we leave?" I cried.

"It's almost over, I swear it is." She sniffled holding my face.